New Super SKJmin Bros. [Demo]

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by SKJmin, Dec 8, 2012.

Dec 8, 2012

New Super SKJmin Bros. [Demo] by SKJmin at 3:21 PM (4,016 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. SKJmin
    OP

Member SKJmin Alpha And Omega

Turkey
    Hi!

First of all...
    I hadn't had a better topic/hack-name....
    I know, it's the most stupid title :P

However, this demo has 2 very cool and large courses [1-1 and 1-2]
    Please try them out and let me know if you want more of this stuff!

Just testing/experimenting some stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1-1:
    ENTER THE COURSE, HIT THE SWITCH, ONE OF THE 4 DOORS WILL APPEAR [RANDOM], 4 DIFFERENT AREAS, ALL LEAD TO THE FLAGPOLE!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1-2:
    ENTER THE COURSE, COLLECT ONE OF THE POWER-UPS! DEPENDING ON YOUR POWER-UP YOU HAVE COLLECTED YOU WILL BE WARPED TO ANOTHER DIMENSION!

Both courses have 3 hidden STAR COINS [fair], and 1-2 has also a SECRET EXIT :)

btw. the game above will never be released, the 2 courses are 1-A and 2-A of my real project :)

I've uploaded an xdelta patch. Patch your [US]-rom and play on your real Nintendo DS (or emulator)

PS: All levels (except the 2 above) in the first 4 worlds are EMTPY, so don't enter them with your 100% savefile...

Don't ask me where to get a rom or an emulator!

Screenshots:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Downloadlink:
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/rom-hacks/download-new-super-skjmin-bros-10a-f31203.html

All levels were made by Treeki's NSMBEditor, Rev94

2. AsPika2219

Member AsPika2219 Pikachu going beach!

Malaysia
    Nice hacking Mario games ever! :yaynds:

3. Krakatau

Member Krakatau Nintendo 3DS XL

Belgium
    thanks skjmin but when will those 4 worlds you talked about be finished

4. SKJmin
    OP

Turkey
    I think this year :)
    Missing 6 courses.... 3A/3B/3C/4A/3-Ghost/4Ghost

5. Krakatau

Member Krakatau Nintendo 3DS XL

Belgium
    But I thought I was a Beta Tester Could You give what you have already

6. SKJmin
    OP

Turkey
    You are a beta tester and have never contacted me,very weird, don't you think?

BTW. I have only one beta tester from now on, and thats ME :)

7. SKJmin
    OP

Turkey
    Is anyone of you guys getting a BLACK SCREEN when choosing the TURTLE SHELL in 1-2?

8. mariofanatic64

Member mariofanatic64 The guy who does things

Australia
    Same thing happenned to me with Clone Tag Team, people only want to be Beta Testers so they can get a beta and then run off and won't give you a bug report or even say "thank you". I only have one Beta Tester now, not including myself because he's the only one who actually tests my hacks.

9. SKJmin
    OP

Turkey
    Yeah, you're right! They only want to play "your" game :D
    I knew it and still trusted 4 peoples, stupid eh! Ok, one of them did a really good job some glitches...

But in this version, I will shortcut a lot by placing instant death blocks on several places to avoid cheaters...
    The most bugs/glitches come through cheaters, i.e "use item in every room" or "moonjump"... :/

PS: believe me when I say, that there are SO DUMB players, they find bugs through their own stupidity. Just saw a "lets play'er" today, who find a bug in my 2.5. I just shaked my head.... Truly unbelievable!

The guy is so dumb, that he doesn't even understand why the "play-screen" switches to the BOTTOM screen (disabling touch-item).
    He says "this programmer [SKJmin] should think first before disabling ther TOUCH-ITEM..." xD

10. Quantaris

Newcomer Quantaris Fanartist & Computer Tech

United States
    wow this is going to be so epic *goes to download demo hack now* thanks SKJmin

11. kmssd

Newcomer kmssd Member

United States
    I didn't black screen, but after I finished 1-2 with the tiny mushroom I reentered it and the spikes didn't disappear. I might have jump too quick and didn't realize though.

12. SKJmin
    OP

Turkey
    Yeah, it's fixed already^^ The spikes dissapear only when youare small mario, and tiny is much smaller than small mario :)
    But thanks for telling :)

13. kmssd

Newcomer kmssd Member

United States
    Alright, btw do you know of a way to enable saving with only two levels, so I don't have to keep watching the opening scene.

14. SKJmin
    OP

Turkey
    Not on a usual way, sorry...