Hacking New Super Mario World

span

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am officially starting a New Super Mario World Topic, still early days & awaiting a release of Reggie!

NSMW_SIG.png
NSMW_Logo.png

DSC00121A.jpg

Reggie Topic found here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=191279
We are looking for extra team members, got a few people onboard allready, anyone who can add anything is welcome.
This will be quite a big project of re-creating Super Mario World using New Super Mario Bros Wii Engine.

From what I have read/understood of Reggie so far, a pretty spot on re-make is possible,
for those who are worried about the Propeller Mushroom not acting like the Cape Feather,
I think I have this sorted, just needs to be finalised/tested.

As stated by FirePhoenix & skawo96:
Chargin' Chuck (can be replaced with Boo-puncher)
Super Koopa (can be replaced with Crows) etc.

A good example of what can be done,
SMW Yoshi's Island 1-2 edit by FirePhoenix vid here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEqJDMpkR2E

For those interested Full Level Maps from SMW can be found here: http://www.vgmaps.com/Atlas/SuperNES/index.htm#S

Project will hopefully have OverWorld Map Editing (if possible) & some texture hacks (if needed)
and of course remixed SMW Music.

As I have have sed still early days, just thought I would get the ball rolling.
Also Good Luck to the guys working on the brand new project: Newer Super Mario Bros. Wii 2 Plus (Name pending)

Kind Regards, SPAN...
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted-171178

Do you need any help?
When Reggie was released, I was planning on creating something similar.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
intresting project if Reggie is easy enough for me too use I would be happy to help with levels and for music you guys should check OCremix.org they got some nice remixs there Im sure the artists wouldnt mind if you used them as long as you ask/give them credit.

span

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'l check out The Music remixes later, thanx purechaos996.
I like the propeller hat aswell jceggbert5, not going to replace it, just change the way it behaves
slightly, will be needed to do certain bits of the re-make.
Any help would be great beegee7730, thankyou for putting up the embedded vid WalkerOfTheDay.

In the future I can see Reggie growing into a scene like Lunar Magic, defiently Midna.
Glad for all support & help guys, I will check back later, SPAN...

BulletBillTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This looks like a nice idea. But I feel like spreading some trouble right now, so I'm pondering on how you're gonna replicate:

-The ghost ceiling from the Donut Ghost House?

-The green gas bubbles from the Vanilla Ghost House?

-The Blaargs that appear in the next to last non-castle area in Vanilla Dome?

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, this is one wicked looking project. Seriously awsome. You keep doin' what you're doin', cause that would be just be plain AWSOME!

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BulletBillTime said:
This looks like a nice idea. But I feel like spreading some trouble right now, so I'm pondering on how you're gonna replicate:

-The ghost ceiling from the Donut Ghost House?

-The green gas bubbles from the Vanilla Ghost House?

-The Blaargs that appear in the next to last non-castle area in Vanilla Dome?

of course it won't be a 100% accurate conversion.... some things won't be possible like the Ghost cellings. but I'm pretty sure a great conversion can be done anyway.

span

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im not sure if there are any nsmbwii level maps up yet riddle43 , if someone knows diffrent,
can you point us in the right direction, thank you.

Thanx kevenz for the reply to BulletBillTime, as you sed there will be some comprises,
but Im aiming for 90%+ accuracy in the conversion of the levels.

More soon, Kind Regards, SPAN...
biggrin.gif

BulletBillTime

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
span said:
Thanx kevenz for the reply to BulletBillTime, as you sed there will be some comprises,
but Im aiming for 90%+ accuracy in the conversion of the levels.

That's ok. As long as the layouts are remade correctly enough, it'll work for me. Also, if a level can't be perfectly remade because of a lack of fitting enemies, I don't mind seeing a remix of the level either.

Personally, one level I can't see being perfectly recreated would be the Vanilla Dome level with the skull raft (I think it was VD3). I don't recall there being any curved lava tiles in NSMB Wii, so an idea would be to use the rollercoaster raft from 8-7 instead.

span

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had allready thought about Vanilla Dome 3, I had same thought as you or the light raft?
RAFT1.png

RAFT2.png

to recreate this:
RAFT3.png

Kind Regards, SPAN...
biggrin.gif

kyoko_sayuri

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
This will be a great project, congratulations!
Will be able to edit the levels of Boss? It will be possible to add a boss at any level? That would be really cool!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If your not getting your pills from Psi's discount drugs who knows what your swallowing! +1