ROM Hack New Super Mario World - Spenstar Edition

Whats your opinion?

• I will play this, even if in the end, a Feather and Yoshi can't be hacked into the game!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • I will only play this hack if a Feather/Yoshi is hacked in.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

NintyNerd96

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is looking really good
yaynds.gif

Personally I cant wait for this to be released, for now I'll have to wait and play some other NSMB hacks xD

Good luck with the hack and I really hope it turns out great
biggrin.gif

EDIT: Will you be doing anything with the Mario vs Luigi lvls?

And if you are would it work if say, I had the patched game on my R4 and I played Mario vs Luigi with a friend who has the New Super Mario Bros game? If I am host of course

If you could do this in a mario world style then it would be EPICNESS OF THE HIGHEST DEGREE
yaynds.gif

NintyNerd96

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Will you be doing anything with the Mario vs Luigi lvls?

And if you are would it work if say, I had the patched game on my R4 and I played Mario vs Luigi with a friend who has the New Super Mario Bros game? If I am host of course

If you could do this in a mario world style then it would be EPICNESS OF THE HIGHEST DEGREE
yaynds.gif

EDIT: Sorry, I merged the posts but dont no how to delete this one
wacko.gif
If someone could tell me how to delete it then I will
biggrin.gif

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@NintyNerd96

I might do some editing with the MvL levels, but that will probably come when I finish all the level remakes of SMW.
And as for the multi-player and if you and your friend need the same hack to play the edited MvL stages. I actually don't really know since I haven't looked into it that much. But I'm betting that you and your friend will need the same hack in order to play. I'll have to look into it more and then report back.

--

Sadly you can't delete your own post. You can either just delete the text thats in it or ask a Mod to remove it.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NintyNerd96 said:
That would only work if the other person is using the exact same ROM. Otherwise, the other person needs to go to Download Play.

jceggbert5

Check out my hack, New Retro Mario Bros.
Trophies
Website
romhaxor.bplaced.net
XP
Country
United States
I can help with the tileset, and I can try to help with the logo
biggrin.gif

PM me if you want me!

edit: heh double post

edit2: Also, if you want any additional powerups, might as well make this 100% homebrew... (AKA Rewriting it from scratch will be easier)

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
WANT...NAOW...

That is, as long as it's got the feather. I could care less about Yoshi. Unless...

NEW KAIZO MARIO WORLD!
Well, if there is going to be a feather someone better pop up and answer my request I posted on a few forums and websites >.<

---

jceggbert5 is currently reworking the Grassland tileset and I can't wait to see what it looks like
wink.gif

demigod198

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When jceggbert5 is done, show us how it looks!
laugh.gif
I'm curious to see how it would look in game.
unsure.gif

Edit: I just realized that, when looking at your screenshots (the one with Fire Mario standing in front of a midway point) you hit the midway point and it gives you a flag right? You should make it so that when you jump above the midway point, it gives you a super mushroom, due to the fact that growing when passing it isn't possible in NSMB.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if you know this or not, but the logo is actually two separate things.
There's the animated logo that comes up, then the final logo sits ontop of it.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
I'm not sure if you know this or not, but the logo is actually two separate things.
There's the animated logo that comes up, then the final logo sits ontop of it.
Yeah I found that out a while back when taking a look at the logo in TM.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
wow, i played this when i was young. my brother tried to play this again using an snes emu. he would surely be happy when i tell him about this.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
demigod198 said:
When jceggbert5 is done, show us how it looks!
laugh.gif
I'm curious to see how it would look in game.
unsure.gif

Edit: I just realized that, when looking at your screenshots (the one with Fire Mario standing in front of a midway point) you hit the midway point and it gives you a flag right? You should make it so that when you jump above the midway point, it gives you a super mushroom, due to the fact that growing when passing it isn't possible in NSMB.

That's like saying the feather is impossible.

You just need a little scripting for drive-by mushrooms, and a little ASM hacking skills to work on the Feather. The biggest problem I could think of would be the sprites/models for the Feather/Feather Mario.

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tomorrow will be my last day of finals and then after that I will be able to work on this project more fully, so be prepared to see a lot of progress in the next few weeks.
wink.gif

Spenstar

"Leave it to me"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowFyre said:
well...if some genius ASM hacker somehow gets yoshi/feather on the game, he might as well edit the bosses too. so i take it no one called you back on your requests, spenstar?
No one has replied to my ASM hack requests yet, so I wouldn't be surprised if those hacks didn't come about :/

Sorry for those who are true to their word and voted on "I will only play this hack if a Feather/Yoshi is hacked in." You'll be missing out on a pretty awesome level remake of the game
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: