Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moogle.gif
Hey all
biggrin.gif
I have started making a New Super Mario Bros. hack for the ds. I now have World 1 of my hack almost completed.

*I would like a tester if anyone is interested, please!*

Here is a link to the complete first world and tell me what you think, please.

If you don't have time to watch that 15-minute video, then please watch my shorter ones of individual levels.
smile.gif

World 1-5:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix8ELgpvWgI

World 1 Castle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9AOux2mo28...der&list=UL

Please tell me what you think. Any suggestions, support or advice would be greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

SavingPrivateBob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knyaz Vladimir said:
I still see bits of the old levels back in the game. Otherwise, it's still good.

Also, record as MPEG4 with 1080p quality. Then it'll be good.

Sorry, I had to compress the video because it takes so long to render on my slow ass computer. Anyway, the first level still needs to be edited toward the end. Aside from that, it's all new.

SavingPrivateBob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fishaman P said:
1. Video is laggy
2. Needs cape

The video isn't that bad...and it is a decent representation of the game.

Cape? Are you actually kidding me...well if you are a genius and understand all the game's coding, AND you can ASM hack the game, be my guest and give me a couple pointers?
wink.gif

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SavingPrivateBob said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
I still see bits of the old levels back in the game. Otherwise, it's still good.

Sorry, I had to compress the video because it takes so long to render on my slow ass computer. Anyway, the first level still needs to be edited toward the end. Aside from that, it's all new.
Hm. Well, get a better computer. I'm using a dual-core Intel Core i7 (clocked at 2.73GHz) with 4GB of RAM and a nVidia 9500 or 9600 card for this. What's your PC?

SavingPrivateBob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knyaz Vladimir said:
SavingPrivateBob said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:

Hm. Well, get a better computer. I'm using a dual-core Intel Core i7 (clocked at 2.73GHz) with 4GB of RAM and a nVidia 9500 or 9600 card for this. What's your PC?

My computer is only 2GB RAM. Why are you guys even complaining about the video?...lol

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SavingPrivateBob said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:
SavingPrivateBob said:
Knyaz Vladimir said:

My computer is only 2GB RAM. Why are you guys even complaining about the video?...lol
Look at my video. Then at yours. Then at mine. Then at yours again. Sadly, your quality is not mine.

And RAM has almost nothing to do with this, it's more CPU. Besides, my other dev. PC has only 256MB of RAM and runs fine at 50%.

SavingPrivateBob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Look at my video. Then at yours. Then at mine. Then at yours again. Sadly, your quality is not mine.

And RAM has almost nothing to do with this, it's more CPU. Besides, my other dev. PC has only 256MB of RAM and runs fine at 50%.

Just to remind you, this thread is about my hack. Not yours or your computer.
smile.gif

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
SavingPrivateBob said:

smile.gif
True.

Still, hope to see a beta. Any other features in the game other than custom levels?

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
SavingPrivateBob said:
QUOTE said:

smile.gif
Lol

Great looking hack.

SavingPrivateBob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
SavingPrivateBob said:
QUOTE said:

smile.gif
Lol

Great looking hack.

Thanks dude.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, don't do what SKJMin did when he released his NSMB3 hack. He tried hiding the fact that the reason the file he hosted was so big was for some fucked up reason, but he wanted to get a profit off of it. If you're going to be doing that, just be honest with us. That way, we can prevent the whole fiasco what happened with him again.

If you're increasing the size of something to make a profit, tell us, we'll download it and support you. Just don't lie or anything
smile.gif

SavingPrivateBob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
I'd love to test this. Beta testers?
wink.gif

I actually want someone who will be a committed tester for my hack. I fix all the little glitches and bugs myself, but I want someone who can play my levels and give me their opinion on the difficulty and playability of my levels.

SavingPrivateBob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
Also, don't do what SKJMin did when he released his NSMB3 hack. He tried hiding the fact that the reason the file he hosted was so big was for some fucked up reason, but he wanted to get a profit off of it. If you're going to be doing that, just be honest with us. That way, we can prevent the whole fiasco what happened with him again.

If you're increasing the size of something to make a profit, tell us, we'll download it and support you. Just don't lie or anything
smile.gif

I simply want to create an enjoyable hack for you all. No sweat.
smile.gif

SavingPrivateBob

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:
I'll gladly help
smile.gif
I've got an Acekard 2i and I'm on GBAtemp constantly and whatnot
smile.gif

You seem like a dedicated and trust-worthy person. You can be a level tester if you wish.
smile.gif

Do you have MSN or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night