Gaming New Super Mario turning off NDSL

blontic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am hoping that he has a faulty NDSL and when he uses those buttons it just shorts out something and turns it off. I guess they need to try it with a different game.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
errr i really doubt it's the game but rather the ds since it turns it self off even when the game isn't inserted (well atleast thats what you said)

blontic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats what I was thinking, unless the game does something to your firmware. There is a video of it on the website.

Squiffy

GBATemp's Little Embarrassment
Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country
Rewriting the firmware has a risk involved, so I very much doubt an official game would do that with the chance of bricking DSs all around the world.
Sounds very much like a DSL problem

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
okay, just to help with the non-chinese readers..note one of the comments:
具体原因已经明朗
原因:
A B X Y 键底下,基座并无设计支撑。
玩家每一次的按下A B X Y后,再放开的操作,
就是使机板:弯曲又变直,弯曲 变直 弯曲 变直 弯曲 变直……
永远如此的重复动作。
最终导致机板某焊锡点松脱。

Under the ABXY buttons, there's a lack of a certain structural support (suspect to be some design flaw)
so after prolonged use of those buttons, something will turn loose (some copper welding thingee)

日本原厂的维修报告书指出:半田付け不良(翻译也就是焊接点接触不良)
任天堂把原因推给焊锡点的做工不良,无偿维修。
(任天堂当然不愿承认是基板底座无设计支撑ABXY键的设计不良,一切先推给做工)

Report from Japanese production line: Nintendo presently attributes the cause to inferior worksmanship, and will repair the failing part without additional cost (no relating to product design, yet)

玩家所发生的断电情况,只需加强补焊一下即可解决,非常容易解决。
需补焊哪一点,留给高人来做说明。(因为我也不知道哪一点)

Problem can be easily fixed by re-welding the problem part (this might be covered by future updates)

马里奥只是一个引爆点,
只因为它是最近热卖,并需要激烈的按压操作 A B X Y键的一个游戏而已。

Problem is not particular to Mario game, although it greatly utilizes the ABXY buttons (obviously =p)
so, this is hardware and nothing to do with firmware

PS: probably will see the english sources soon as well, might be a big concern for potential NDSL buyers now.
If this is truly a design flaw, probably will affect entire batches of ds lite out currently. other than that, I don't know much more; don't even own a DS myself!

Neil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Oh, crap. I can't usually afford to be an early adopter, and I'm starting to see that as a good thing! I got a DSL last week for my birthday, and am going to be returning it today because of the loose right shoulder button issue. A lot of people on here were saying that the black DS Lite's were plagued with dead pixels. And now THIS!

(Plus, the Nintendo WIFI USB Dongle is a piece of crap with awful software).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...