Gaming new super mario bros

gocesgo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have supercard and superkey.....i'm trying out new super mario bros.
when does the game auto save? I've played two levels so far, restarted the game and i had to start over again.

thanks!

shaoranm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Once you've beaten the game once you can save anywhere.

If you haven't beaten the game, either finish a mini-dungeon (the small tower), a world dungeon (the castle for each world), or unlock a locked area (by using your star coins). All of these scenarios would let you save after.

Be careful on the use of star coins, though, as they are limited (the ones you can unlock). Also, getting star coins can get a bit difficult as you progress, so use it sparingly.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

biznizza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Even when i save, it doesnt load the save back up on my M3, CF card version (with passcard 3). Anyone know what's up? I'd kill to really dig into this game.

Jeomite

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Even when i save, it doesnt load the save back up on my M3, CF card version (with passcard 3). Anyone know what's up? I'd kill to really dig into this game.

Did you make sure there is an existing SAVE file ifor New Super Mario Bros in the NDSSAVE folder.
If no SAVE file exists (.dat file) in the NDSSAVE folder of the same name as the game, it will not save any progress.

Example:

Name of NDS Game File on the CF Card: New Super Mario Bros.nds
Name of SAVE File in NDSSAVE folder on the CF Card: New Super Mario Bros.dat

teh_raf3

Whatever suits you
Trophies
Website
users.pandora.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I think paying $40 for the game is a lesser effort than killing people
correct.gif

Try redownloading the rom... wait, there where two versions, the psyds was the correct one I think.

jaxter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble with this too...

I used the pre-patched rom and M3, gave it to a friend who couldn't wait to play it, he said half the time the saves worked and half the time they didn't, which is stranger than them never working.

What's my best bet? just use the psyds one, patch it myself using the m3 game manager?

also, (off topic) what software can I use to keep track of which roms I have and whether they're the correct versions?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well, if the prepatched version isn't working, why wouldn't your choice go with the clean dump? Unless you prefer non-functional games.

offlinelist, ndscrc or nintenren can keep a verified list of games

jaxter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, at the time I had two versions - the prepatched version, which ran and seemed to save, and an unpatched which didn't run at all (mind you, with older M3 firmware).

Thanks, I'll try to download all three, see what works for me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: