ROM Hack New Super Mario bros. The Lost Levels

SKJmin

Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Turkey
Pipe Cannons through mini-mario much farther and faster than other mario's and it's a clever idea to take advantage of. Mini-Mario in a pipe cannon is great for hiding secret paths because they're seemingly invisible and most people don't think to enter one as mini mario. Nintendo themselves didn't even take advantage of that idea to use mini-mario's loose physics with a cannon.
Hey, you saw it in my game, didn't you! :P
Nintendo didn't do it, but SKJmin did do it as you can see in the video below^^ (starting at 0:25)

Reactions: 1 person

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pipe Cannons through mini-mario much farther and faster than other mario's and it's a clever idea to take advantage of. Mini-Mario in a pipe cannon is great for hiding secret paths because they're seemingly invisible and most people don't think to enter one as mini mario. Nintendo themselves didn't even take advantage of that idea to use mini-mario's loose physics with a cannon.
Hey, you saw it in my game, didn't you! :P
Nintendo didn't do it, but SKJmin did do it as you can see in the video below^^ (starting at 0:25)
[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RFRlla7_G0g[/media]
No.... I'd like to ssay that I was 1st...

The incomplete level I made was a year and a half (More accurately started in June of 2009, last worked on September 2009), if not more before that NSMB 3 hack
It was around 1-2 months after the 1st and only NSMB level editor found its way on the internet.
It was incredibly bugged like making certian sprites passthrough and messing up the camera.

Halfway through it I just gave up because I found it to be way too much work. It took me a week to design the 1st half. And you couldn't get very far in the editor itself without knowing some hex.

Not saying my design was better, just the 1st. And I just watched that video... My use of the pipe and Mini mario was completely different which either had 3 purposes based on which size of mario you were. My challenges used to be "Collect the 3 star coins before finishing the level" and/or/ "find the secret area" But the 2nd challenge is dropped because you already know it has to do with mini mario. If you're interested in an amateur 1-1 from 3 years ago: http://www.mediafire.com/?a71vwpvyvgcj1bo
I don't remember how to change it back from ice to normal, but the ice was supposed to make it hard or something. If you do try playing it and wonder how to get all 3 star coins or get to the secret warp pipe, theres supposed to b a puzzle in it.

If I had a working DSTwo for my 3DS, I'd take a run of it myself for old-time's sake.

ENEKOwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
W3 now is Plack Beach the tileset will include the things in the screenshot: :D

NA4ro.png

And other new tileset!! :creep: (Video of this level soon... ;) )

eoxlr.png

ENEKOwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, here is the final battle video, with dark Bowser and the M&LBIS final battle music, ENJOY! ;)
Sorry, its a bit slow in some parts of the video, its because the emulator. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSP_EeRX9h4&feature=plcp

ENEKOwii

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Another 2 tileset!! ;)
Is like a mix of forest and mountain, I think that it will be at 6-3.
lAlkP.png

Video of the level soon!

And I remake this tileset of NSMB2
tCyWF.png

What do you think about this?

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy