Gaming New Super Mario Bros. Challenge Mode!

dafatkid27

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
New Super Mario Bros. Challenge Mode, via 4cr:

QUOTE said:
Gamers who’ve already finished the game will be able to access this secret Challenge Mode by hitting Start in the world map and pushing the following combination of buttons during the Start Menu:

L R L R X X Y Y

Challenge Mode puts a forced scroll on all the levels just like with the original Super Mario Bros. game. Players will no longer be able to backtrack, picking up coins and power-ups that were left behind.

Link

Reactions: orangy57

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ohmy.gif

Well fantastic!! I was hoping there was SOMETHING more to this game, since getting three stars beside the file is so easy. Maybe completing challenge mode gives a fourth star, and I wondered what I could do to get a fourth star, since there is so obviously space for it.

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
O_O

F****** NOOOOO!

I knew something like this would happen! I just gave my cart to my sister to bring with her to Hong Kong thinking I had nothing better to do on it besides maxing out my score! >_

Reactions: orangy57

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw this when I was translating the game, glad to know I translated a working rather than a redundant feature.

Thanks for the heads up dafatkid27.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I saw this when I was translating the game, glad to know I translated a working rather than a redundant feature.

Thanks for the heads up dafatkid27.
I remember seeing that too and even commenting on that in your translation topic. It's a shame that you have to have beaten the game before using this mode but meh. (I lost my 3-star save almost instantly after I got it. X.X)

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's really nothing special - there's no way to track what levels you beat on 'challenge' mode, and there's no extra objectives - it's just for fun really. It doesn't work in the final castle, since backtracking is a major part of the level.
smile.gif

Overall cool, but fairly disappointing. I wonder what the intention behind this mode was at all..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning