Hacking New Sky 3DS blue button problems

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
After deciding to buy this since it was my only option for my firmware, why does it not always work?

Sometimes when I turn on my 3ds with sky3ds inserted, about 40-50% of the time it simply doesn't detect any game. Ejecting and reinserting while the 3ds is still on doesn't seem to fix the problem. I usually have to turn the 3DS off then fire it up again to get it to work.

I'm using a genuine kingston 16GB class 10 micro sd card, bought from amazon.co.uk. Is this just a known problem with the new cards or does mine have some sort of a fault? What are the known problems with the blue button models? Thanks

D

Deleted-355425

Logic would say, try a different SD card... Then try different roms, and try different templates and template software version.

If none of that makes a difference them you have a bad cart.

Reactions: mvmiranda

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When you use the diskwriter it deletes everything else on the Micro SD doesn't it? I'll try buying another Msd card and try it out. I'm using diskwriter v106b5 which hasn't been updated for a while (although it is the latest version available) so I'd be surprised if that was the problem, otherwise almost everyone would have this problem.

I have just downloaded template version 0331 released today (previously had 0310) so I will try it out and report, although I'm not really expecting any difference. I have been using many different ROMs, that's definitely not the issue as when it refuses to load none of the games show up at all. Another thing to note, when this happens the blue light will not flash (like it normally does) when I press the blue button to change ROMs.

In addition to this a new problem occurred today, the save file on miracle mask disappeared and I had to start a new game (I didn't start a new game). However when I backed up the save file and then restored it, my save file was back again. I'm still wondering if these errors have been reported before?

Edit: I have tried out the new template but it makes no difference.

jrebey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you use the diskwriter it deletes everything else on the Micro SD doesn't it? I'll try buying another Msd card and try it out. I'm using diskwriter v106b5 which hasn't been updated for a while (although it is the latest version available) so I'd be surprised if that was the problem, otherwise almost everyone would have this problem.

I have just downloaded template version 0331 released today (previously had 0310) so I will try it out and report, although I'm not really expecting any difference. I have been using many different ROMs, that's definitely not the issue as when it refuses to load none of the games show up at all. Another thing to note, when this happens the blue light will not flash (like it normally does) when I press the blue button to change ROMs.

In addition to this a new problem occurred today, the save file on miracle mask disappeared and I had to start a new game (I didn't start a new game). However when I backed up the save file and then restored it, my save file was back again. I'm still wondering if these errors have been reported before?

Edit: I have tried out the new template but it makes no difference.

Either try a new card or try formatting your existing one with DiskWriter a few times then trying again.

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried formatting a few times with diskwriter, it didn't solve the problem. I will try it out with another msd card once I get ahold of one and report back, but I have a feeling it's the sky3ds itself, at least 50% of the time it won't work, then I turn the 3DS off and on and it works. It's not like I move the msd around or fiddle with it. I guess I'll have to try contacting yeahgeek.com which is where I bought it from. I don't like having to mail back defective items to China, you never know what would happen.

I could be spending more money on sending it, lose my sky3ds and then they decide not to reply or send out a replacement!! Paranoid I know but there are bad people out there. Yeahgeek seem to be some of the better ones though, I'll also report back on what happens with them.

RennyFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried formatting a few times with diskwriter, it didn't solve the problem. I will try it out with another msd card once I get ahold of one and report back, but I have a feeling it's the sky3ds itself, at least 50% of the time it won't work, then I turn the 3DS off and on and it works. It's not like I move the msd around or fiddle with it. I guess I'll have to try contacting yeahgeek.com which is where I bought it from. I don't like having to mail back defective items to China, you never know what would happen.

I could be spending more money on sending it, lose my sky3ds and then they decide not to reply or send out a replacement!! Paranoid I know but there are bad people out there. Yeahgeek seem to be some of the better ones though, I'll also report back on what happens with them.

Are you using a completely stock template to write the games or are you using a custom made one?

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hmm, that's strange. I have used 2 different templates, both from the official site. The exact same error happened to you? That's confusing!

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still in the progress of discussing the problem with them, but for the 2nd time a save file failed (on a different game this time) which is even more serious. I don't like the idea of constantly losing progress, and in fact I had just backed up the sav file before it failed and wanted me to start a new game. When I used the 'recover save file' feature (which I used successfully last time) it was only for a new game. This means the sav file mysteriously failed after I turned the 3ds off and before I backed the sav file up!

I did try it with another msd card but unfortunately it was one of my 'fake Sandisk' ones (It came with something else) and it refused to work at all with that!

This is the worst problem with a flashcard I've ever encountered.

Last edited by azakhan,

RennyFlame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still in the progress of discussing the problem with them, but for the 2nd time a save file failed (on a different game this time) which is even more serious. I don't like the idea of constantly losing progress, and in fact I had just backed up the sav file before it failed and wanted me to start a new game. When I used the 'recover save file' feature (which I used successfully last time) it was only for a new game. This means the sav file mysteriously failed after I turned the 3ds off and before I backed the sav file up!

I did try it with another msd card but unfortunately it was one of my 'fake Sandisk' ones (It came with something else) and it refused to work at all with that!

This is the worse problem with a flashcard I've ever encountered.

Please tell me you switched to the next game to save your game to the Sky3DS BEFORE you removed the SD card.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I'm using a genuine kingston 16GB class 10 micro sd card, bought from amazon.co.uk. Is this just a known problem with the new cards or does mine have some sort of a fault? What are the known problems with the blue button models? Thanks
Its a problem with your microsd card, not with sky3ds. Kingston cards are not recommended for sky3ds, buy *original* sandisk or transcend.

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Same problem here, i tried right now a card with three different micro sd with my n3ds 8.1j, insert the card a lot of time, the led blink but the game don't show up...

D

Deleted-355425

Same problem here, i tried right now a card with three different micro sd with my n3ds 8.1j, insert the card a lot of time, the led blink but the game don't show up...

you are usin jap roms on the jap N3DS right? sky3ds does not have regionfree.

azakhan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Please tell me you switched to the next game to save your game to the Sky3DS BEFORE you removed the SD card.

I didn't realise that was a requirement? I don't usually do that but it saves anyway. I wanted to update, just today when I tried loading that game up again, tada! My save file was back again (after loading the game up about 5 times previously with only a new game option!) Also I didn't know that Kingston cards don't work well with them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse