Hacking New SD

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im in the market of a new SD. I will be putting games on it. (CIA's) Is this one any good?

Transcend 32GB SDHC Class 10 (Premium)

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I only buy SLC/MLC ensured SD/MicroSD.

For I know, Transcend has some products labeled "MLC inside".

Last edited by MelonGx,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Im in the market of a new SD. I will be putting games on it. (CIA's) Is this one any good?

Transcend 32GB SDHC Class 10 (Premium)
I avoid Transcend like the plague after a Transcend card I bought broke completely within 6 months and the data was irrecoverable. It's the only SD card of mine that has ever done that so it doesn't exactly make me trust the reliability of the brand. That's just my personal experience though, so YMMV.

I can recommend the SanDisk Ultra and Samsung Evo cards though. Both are very fast and reliable.

Reactions: wormdood

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I avoid Transcend like the plague after a Transcend card I bought broke completely within 6 months and the data was irrecoverable. It's the only SD card of mine that has ever done that so it doesn't exactly make me trust the reliability of the brand. That's just my personal experience though, so YMMV.

I can recommend the SanDisk Ultra and Samsung Evo cards though. Both are very fast and reliable.

So you recommend the
Sandisk Ultra SD kaart 32 GB over the one i wanted? Price doesnt differ much i guess

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ironically I have the Transcend 32gb premium and it works fine and i do not recommend Sandisk at all they are literally well known for all there flash memory products failing.

Go with Samsung

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Ironically I have the Transcend 32gb premium and it works fine and i do not recommend Sandisk at all they are literally well known for all there flash memory products failing.

Go with Samsung
i have a 2gb transcend micro sd i bought from a local chinese shop (for my ez iv), and it's actually legit and works perfectly...
which i was really surprised...

I only buy SLC/MLC ensured SD/MicroSD.

For I know, Transcend has some products labeled "MLC inside".
never heard that acronym, whats that?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SLC/TLC/MLC is the type of Flash memory usually used in SSD's each type is different.

SLC is Best but msot expensive
MLC is 2nd and is found in the more expensive SSD's my Samsung 840 Pro uses this they managed to get almost 2PTB written to this before it failed
TLC is the cheapest and most generic its been used in flash pens for years and can die quite fast depennig on quality

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
SLC/TLC/MLC is the type of Flash memory usually used in SSD's each type is different.

SLC is Best but msot expensive
MLC is 2nd and is found in the more expensive SSD's my Samsung 840 Pro uses this they managed to get almost 2PTB written to this before it failed
TLC is the cheapest and most generic its been used in flash pens for years and can die quite fast depennig on quality
thanks for the info, do cards\pens got the type written usually? or is something i may never know on most stuff i have..

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
they dont usually, though its guarenteed the new samsung micro sd's use MLC, the 32gb Transcend im using atm is TLC but its reported some of the fastest read/write speeds for its speed class compared.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but... +1