New Sakura theme in-progress.

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Beige, Dec 15, 2008.

Dec 15, 2008

New Sakura theme in-progress. by Beige at 9:10 PM (752 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Beige
    OP

Member Beige GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I'm sure you all have played 'Cave Story' before. In honor of this game along with the soon-to-be released WiiWare version, I have started working on a Cave Story theme for Sakura. Unlike other cases, I have put together a list of what will make this different:
    1) Sakura is only the beginning, it will go to other cards when this one is done.
    2) Instead of just throwing images together and picking characters to represent different filetypes, I'm rebuilding the icons from scratch and using game palettes to give them life.
    3) As long as the background system stays in tact, I will include a number of backgrounds.

The only progress that has been made is a background. I will have to hold off progress due to the rumor of a new skin system for the most recent Sakura. Once we have an English version of 1.33, I'll be on to work again.

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    backgrounds should be universal, atleast if you don't make a gap in the middle of the image for the gap between the screens.
    altough i can see why they would change the main skinning system, the background system should stay the same(or should atleast stay compatible with old backgrounds)

3. Beige
    OP

Member Beige GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The skinning system change has something to do with the new loader, which has Touchpod and Sakura merged, which I'm guessing is for making themes for both a little bit easier, but that's just me.