Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sephi said:
iggyzizzle said:
Sephi said:
I'm glad that the new hardware is real, and that the 0b0b0b0b thing was just a bug in the firmware, since I just ordered an AK2 from DX on January 27th, unfortunately, my order wasn't placed soon enough, and now I've gotten the back ordered ones that won't arrive until January 9th.

edit: I went ahead and put a tinyurl link to your post in the #GBAtemp.net IRC channel. http://tinyurl.com/New-AK2

Wow, you ordered it a year ago and still haven't received it? DX really outdid themselves.
wink.gif
I was rather tired since it was 2:49PM, and I had only been up for half an hour or so.
It's alright, good luck with that shipment of AK2s!

thesaint08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Remember, that mine are green, not blue PCB's. So not all shipments will be blue PCB's.

The non spring loaded Micro SD slot is not very tight. When compared to my Edge card, it feels like it(Micro SD) could almost drop out.

Glad that it has been confirmed one way or the other.
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
your green is a fixed ak2 with the 2.1 sticker. the black pcb came next (with imo a worse shell and spring) and now a new shell and blue pcb. i still haven't got a reply yet to why the blue pcb and if it has any adjustments to the controller chip, etc.

-another world

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What about the green one with the divot in the top (see the O.P.)? My 2.0 doesn't have the divot, so I assume that the 2.1's that are just 2.0's with better quality control also don't have the divot. Am I wrong about that?

So the new ones are glued together like the AK2i?

-Bri

tonybologna

GO VOLS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I read through this thread. I'll be receiving my Acekard 2.1 from DX pretty soon. I ordered on Christmas night with EMS shipping & should be getting here later this week. I was about to have a cow from the 1st page of this thread. Good news indeed!
yaypsp.gif

minoplis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's great to know that this new batch of AK2.1 are genuine
smile.gif

And that makes me give DX a little more credit (this and the fact that my orders from DX (including my AK2i) are finally coming home tomorrow, at least is what the post office tracking says
happy.gif
yaynds.gif
)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Bri said:
What about the green one with the divot in the top (see the O.P.)? My 2.0 doesn't have the divot, so I assume that the 2.1's that are just 2.0's with better quality control also don't have the divot. Am I wrong about that?

So the new ones are glued together like the AK2i?

-Bri

bri: the green 2.1's are fixed 2.0s. they might be putting them in the new case. i'm trying to sort it all out through e-mail but the 10hr time difference makes it hard.

-another world

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, this new revised version is obviously better build quality than the old one no matter how you look at it... I'm pretty sure they will soon be the only DX will stock, given time.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
ShAdOwFuRi said:
Well, this new revised version is obviously better build quality than the old one no matter how you look at it... I'm pretty sure they will soon be the only DX will stock, given time.

if you place an order as a retailer you get a random selection of 2.1s in the box. it could be green/black in the old shell or green/black/blue in the new shell according to what acekard told me. they will continue to produce both kits for awhile longer --- probably to use up the old [already manufactured] stock.

-another world

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm, my guess would be that these new one's will eventually completely phase out the old black/green PCB though, there's really not much point in producing a lower quality cart, when people will obviously opt for the better one.

Martiin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhh!
scared me for a second!
because im planning on buying a new Acekard2.1!
and im holding back because i don't quite need one right now.......
but im waiting to see if they are coming out with another release of their Acekard2 case/sticker/model
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
very disappointed that there's no spring-loaded micro SD slot!
I can't live w/out one! and it'll take away the ease of taking out my micro SD!
grrrrrrr.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
PharaohsVizier said:
Well I'm not sure if I like the fact that it isn't spring-loaded. Until I have both, I'm not going to go as far as saying that the newer ones are better quality.

Seeing as the new one's seem to be mimicking the case of the Acekard 2i, I think it is safe to say that they are. The spring loaded or not is an issue of personal preference, I tend to like the spring loaded ones more (as long as they don't break that is).

SineWaveAu7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got the blue PCB Acekard 2.1 in my package from DX this morning. I didn't order it.
wtf.gif

I got all the other things I ordered, plus the AK2.1, lol. I've only ever owned an R4 card, and my girlfriend currently has my DSL+R4. Just a quick question, on AK's website they have OSv4.12 for the AK2.1 and OSv4.13 for the AK2i... does the OSv4.13 work on the AK2.1? Thanks.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT