New R4ds Kernal might be released today!

  • Thread starter Thread starter tempBOT
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 3,501
  • Replies Replies 15

tempBOT

The GBAtemp Robot
Editorial Team
Joined
Nov 21, 2007
Messages
37
Reaction score
621
Trophies
2
XP
5,348
New R4ds Kernal might be released today!
might
In the forum I heard many people talking about the new r4 ds kernal. Well its supposed to come out today Sectember 15. Its not out yet but it could be released later. THIS IS NOT CONFIRMING ANYTHING, AS THE NEW KERNAL MIGHT JUST BE A RUMOR.

By Kirbyman123.


Contributed by Kanchome​
 
Kernal? Sectember!?

The Tempbot really posted this!?
wtf.gif
 
sorry I make so many mistakes when I type fast becyause I need to do my home work right know and I also have no time tyo fix the speeling and grammer in this post because I AM SO LAZY I AM LAZY SO LIVE WITH MY LAZY SPELLING ERRORS
 
DieForIt said:
CockroachMan said:
Kernal? Sectember!?

The Tempbot really posted this!?
wtf.gif
I really want to know who accept this
wtf.gif

I know it's really hard for Japanese people to use English

No worries, the news didn't get approved !
smile.gif

the name of the contributor can be found in the first post.
 
can we just please lock all these r4 new kernel coming out soon or announced or coming out on a future date?
 
Just a heads up, r4team.com isn't related to the original R4 team. Simply running a whois on both sites confirms this as well as the difference in posting styles of "R4 Team" and the real people behind the R4. Also the site itself tips you off its not from the original team, there are no downloads on it, and if you do happen to find a download, it redirects you to r4ds.cn, the real R4 website. Basically it comes down to this, this isn't the real R4Team but most likely a group of people dedicated to the R4 who brought it upon themselves to make an update firmware for it. So basically, it will be an unofficial R4 update similar to what is being done with the R4 clones.

At any rate, for those with an R4, what I suggest is YSMenu. Its a very nice loader made by Yasu and works very well on the R4. I happen to own an R4 myself and happen to use YSMenu. All the games that didn't previously work on the R4 works on YSMenu perfectly. It has some features the R4 doesn't have and built in support for the EZ 3 in1 that lets you play roms right from the YSMenu menu without loading up GBA Exploder. YSMenu literally breaths new life into the R4. Also no matter what anyone says, its impossible to add SDHC support to the R4 without modifying the hardware. So don't expect miracles here.
 
Narin confirms what i suspected about r4team.com.
And I can confirm his good advice about YSMenu.
I installed YSMenu on my R4 while retaining the R4 menu.
I could not run Hulk from the R4 menu, but the same file ran successfully from the YSMenu.
If YSMenu continues to get updates, this could extend the usable life of the R4.

grog.gif
lecture.gif
 

Site & Scene News