Errors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

First post on here - have been scouting out forum for the last week as I am looking to purchase an R4 Card for my consoles.

Have done research into compatibility etc. So I know what cards are compatible with my devices but want to get recommendations as to which cards you would suggest going for.

I have 2 devices I would like to get a card for each:
Nintendo DS Lite
Nintendo DSi (1.4.5)

Will be using 16GB or 32GB card in both devices so must support this amount of storage. Will be using the cards solely for playing games, not bothered about homebrew/cheats etc.

Now in terms of purchasing the cards, from what I have read nds-cards seem to be the guys to go to.. However, as it is their Chinese holiday period, would be looking at roughly a 6 week wait for the cards.. Can anyone recommend any other sources for these cards?

On a side note, have recently been reading threads regarding Tomebombs on certain cards - is this something I need to be wary of when buying device? Or is this something that could potentially be resolved on an affected device? (beginner alert)

Appreciate all your recommendations in advance!

Errors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Shadow#1

Thanks, what would be the difference between that gold card and a R4-SDHC card like this: R4i-SDHC 3DS RTS for New 3DS /3DS v11.6/2DS/DSi/DS Lite ($13.99 - unable to post URL as new member)

Only differences I can see is that the SDHC card is unable to play 3DS games. Assuming the gold card may have quicker speeds/less lag/auto save?

Errors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update: Know someone selling a R4isdhc 2016 Gold Pro card. Is there anything to be aware of when buying an older year card? Or should it work all the same with addition of any firmware etc?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: Know someone selling a R4isdhc 2016 Gold Pro card. Is there anything to be aware of when buying an older year card? Or should it work all the same with addition of any firmware etc?
Buy the flashcart I linked as it has the best Rom compatablity then some shitty year dated flashcart

Reactions: Technicmaster0

Errors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Buy the flashcart I linked as it has the best Rom compatablity then some shitty year dated flashcart

Appreciate your recommendation on this. Think safest option is to order from nds-cards and wait.

Any of you guys have any rough ideas on delivery times? Or does it tend to be the standard 30 odd days to Europe/UK?

Thanks again

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Appreciate your recommendation on this. Think safest option is to order from nds-cards and wait.

Any of you guys have any rough ideas on delivery times? Or does it tend to be the standard 30 odd days to Europe/UK?

Thanks again
Depends on The shipping type. 5 days for express to sometimes over 30 days for free shipping.

Account-ant

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought the one linked above from nds-cards, took 8 days to arrive in western EU. Shipped out quickly after I paid, free shipping with tracking. Very happy overall, would def recommend.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For a Lite/DSi, I'd recommend getting a DSTWO/DSTWO+, as it can play SNES games and GBA games without a second flashcart. Though, I'd still recommend the GBA flashcart (EX Flash 3in1) as it's better compatibility and performance.

NDS Card is expensive, go through the authorized resellers list of the card you want, and pick the cheapest.

Errors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For a Lite/DSi, I'd recommend getting a DSTWO/DSTWO+, as it can play SNES games and GBA games without a second flashcart. Though, I'd still recommend the GBA flashcart (EX Flash 3in1) as it's better compatibility and performance.

NDS Card is expensive, go through the authorized resellers list of the card you want, and pick the cheapest.

Where can I find updated list of authorized resellers? Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple