New Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright Trailer Revealed

Byronic Hero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L-Lawliet said:
I've just been playing Trials and Tribulations (third case, final part) and reading it out as I play along (I don't normally) and it's got me wondering who can play Phoenix in PLvAA. He's got quite a high pitched objection.
Would you rather him sound like Godot?
rolleyes.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BrightNeko said:
machomuu said:
BrightNeko said:
machomuu said:
Actually from what I gathered it was an unsaid tactic. They wanted to gauge the popularity and fan reception of the game and the prototype, and because there was not too much reception to either at the time, they cut it, they just believed there was no reason to release a prototype for a game with such small reception. And also you didn't have to take part, but you at least had to join the Dev Room, they said so themselves AFAIK.

Also, I'm really wondering exactly what Capcom's involvement with this game is. I will be the world's happiest man if Noriyuki Iwadare is doing the music
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

Why would have been the case when they said they were using the prototype to gauge such a thing? Seems like a stupid run around that isn't really needed. Also they never said you had to join the devroom. About the extent of what they did was advertise the darn thing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1TPP-U6lb8

Easy, because that branch of Capcom is lazy. As I said, it's their fault, too.

If only Keiji Inafune hadn't left...
Thats the thing though is that Inafune wanted to finish the game but capcom simply would not let him. An recent news has brought up that he even left his team behind to finish the work
frown.gif

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2011/09/16/wha...3-with-comcept/

http://protodudesrockmancorner.blogspot.co...ments-from.html
Yes, I know, that's the worst part :( . The real reason I say that is because if he hadn't left then he would have had the power to keep the project going. That and Mega Man Universe (which only died because he left).

QUOTE(L-Lawliet @ Sep 20 2011, 05:51 PM)
I've just been playing Trials and Tribulations (third case, final part) and reading it out as I play along (I don't normally) and it's got me wondering who can play Phoenix in PLvAA. He's got quite a high pitched objection.
I agree, I'm very curious (and worried) to see who the American VA's will be.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Byronic Hero said:
L-Lawliet said:
rolleyes.gif
Layton: Luke, may I have a cup of coffee?
Luke: Professor, no tea today?
Layton: No Luke, I would like to have some coffee today.

Wright: That seems oddly familiar..

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
Byronic Hero said:
L-Lawliet said:
rolleyes.gif
I don't know! When I'm reading the game out loud I usually just use my normal voice for him. Obviously he won't be british though so that's me out of a job.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh...I just noticed, there's no way that's Noriyuki Iwadare is doing the music, that's clearly Level-5 music.

It's a good thing that Level-5 games usually have amazing music.

BrightNeko

Popcorn ball
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
Yes, I know, that's the worst part :( . The real reason I say that is because if he hadn't left then he would have had the power to keep the project going. That and Mega Man Universe (which only died because he left).

That's pretty much where all the hate comes from, and it leads to the company itself none of the people that work there, none of its littler developers it owns, and certainly none of the games they put out. Capcom themselves lead to me just avoiding their products =<

Also watch them get the voice of edward (FMA) for phoenix
tongue.gif

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
Ugh...I just noticed, there's no way that's Noriyuki Iwadare is doing the music, that's clearly Level-5 music.

Noriyuki Iwadare's music is way better than Level-5's music. Never in any Professor Layton game I have ever played have I ever felt the same when that Cornered 2004 Variation played when Gumshoe yelled OBJECTION! in Trials and Tribulations. Never in a Layton game have I ever found myself humming a track from it, save the title theme. The music is one of the best parts of Ace Attorney..

Hopefully Level-5 will remix some Ace attorney tracks..

frown.gif

L-Lawliet

Trophies
XP
Country
ron975 said:
machomuu said:

Noriyuki Iwadare's music is way better than Level-5's music. Never in any Professor Layton game I have ever played have I ever felt the same when that Cornered 2004 Variation played when Gumshoe yelled OBJECTION! in Trials and Tribulations. Never in a Layton game have I ever found myself humming a track from it, save the title theme. The music is one of the best parts of Ace Attorney..

frown.gif
The music in the new trailer sounds like a remixed objection theme. Also thanks for reminding me about that incredible moment in the final case. I'm on the third case now and can't wait to get to the last one. I remember there being a big objection battle between Phoenix and Godot at one point.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L-Lawliet said:
ron975 said:
machomuu said:

frown.gif
The music in the new trailer sounds like a remixed objection theme. Also thanks for reminding me about that incredible moment in the final case. I'm on the third case now and can't wait to get to the last one. I remember there being a big objection battle between Phoenix and Godot at one point.
I'm not going to spoil it, but the last case is AMAZING. Definitely the best case in any of the AA games, with Apollo Justice's final case coming in second.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
L-Lawliet said:
ron975 said:
machomuu said:

frown.gif
I'm not going to spoil it, but the last case is AMAZING. Definitely the best case in any of the AA games, with Apollo Justice's final case coming in second.
Yeah, it is AMAZING. IMO, a close third is either the Von Karma case or Case 5 of the DS version of the original.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ron975 said:
machomuu said:

frown.gif

You're on drugs, and I want some.

Hell, my ringtone on my cell is the Professor Layton theme (third game has the best opening music I think).

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
ron975 said:
machomuu said:

frown.gif
[youtube]FdU8oqCbvzo[/youtube]
This is the single most epic thing in the universe. Case closed.

But aside from that, I'd say you're wrong. Phoenix Wright and Layton may share gameplay elements, but the style and feel of the two series is very, very different. AA is tense, exciting and dramatic, whereas Layton is more laid back, mysterious and of course puzzling. The compositions for both games reflect this. It's like saying Canon in D is an inferior song to the 1812 Overture because the latter is more fast paced and exciting.

Incidentally, I whistle the Layton puzzle themes all the time.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree, they are two very different games with some similar elements, but they're not really the same. I find both Level-5's and and AA's music enjoyable, but again, they're very different.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Midna said:
ron975 said:
machomuu said:

frown.gif

[youtube]FdU8oqCbvzo[/youtube]
This is the single most epic thing in the universe. Case closed.

But aside from that, I'd say you're wrong. Phoenix Wright and Layton may share gameplay elements, but the style and feel of the two series is very, very different. AA is tense, exciting and dramatic, whereas Layton is more laid back, mysterious and of course puzzling. The compositions for both games reflect this. It's like saying Canon in D is an inferior song to the 1812 Overture because the latter is more fast paced and exciting.

Incidentally, I whistle the Layton puzzle themes all the time.

Ironically, I favour Cannon in D rather than the 1812 Overture.
mellow.gif

Of course, in a sense, you're right, but the "court" side of the game, essentially, is a Wright game. And those parts should be , as you said "tense, exciting and dramatic", and so the music should be to. I don't think Level-5 can capture this feeling as well as Noriyuki Iwadare could. Also, I'm more of a Ace Attorney fan, obviously
tongue.gif

QUOTE(ShadowSoldier @ Sep 20 2011, 06:45 PM)
Hell, my ringtone on my cell is the Professor Layton theme (third game has the best opening music I think).

Right now, I have Cornered 2004 as my ringtone
tpi.gif

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This looks amazing! The art style is a little weird to me, but I'll get used to it. I can't wait for this to get released, and hopefully it gets localized.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q