New pro controller, or is it?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Elusivo, Aug 6, 2017.

1. Elusivo
    OP

Elusivo GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2013
    So i bought a new splatoon pro controller yesterday, but the protective film seems a bit off to me and the edges are mostly unglued from the faceplate (it has some dust underneath already but i think that was me).

I got a normal pro controller too months ago and i don't remember it being off center and rough looking like that.

U guys think it's a used controller?[​IMG]

Sent from my X900+ using Tapatalk

Last edited by Elusivo, Aug 6, 2017
  2. spinal_cord

spinal_cord Knows his stuff

Jul 21, 2007
    somewhere
    Looks like it's been used to me., was the box sealed properly?

3. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    Yeah mine wasn't misaligned like that lol.

4. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    I still can't believe these fuckers cost $75. My wife opened and broke ours in, seems to work fine, so that's all I can say.

Oh, It had some weird white type powder on the rubber on the sticks... so, I don't know, lubricant of some sort?

Last edited by Glyptofane, Aug 6, 2017
  5. Elusivo
    OP

Elusivo GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2013
    ye, it looked ok to me, just a bit of a bend on the upper paper flap with the hole where the box hangs when on shop display, and din really see fingerprints or anything on it, but it annoys me to hell thinking this was used or even just opened before...

6. StarGazerTom

StarGazerTom GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 2, 2015
    I would return that for a new one, looks like it's been bought, returned, and thrown back on the shelf as brand new, which is illegal.

Bring it back and get a new one, open it infront of the shop staff to make sure it's correct then and there.

7. Glyptofane

Glyptofane GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 12, 2009
    United States
    Also, the Splatoon pros came out almost exactly two weeks ago and sold out quickly, so it would be pretty crazy for someone to return it and you to receive it, but not impossible, I suppose. These things are sold out everywhere.

8. Elusivo
    OP

Elusivo GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2013
    ye, problem is it was the only one left, next to like 8 of the normal ones... ok, thanks for the input, will think if i return it or not.

At least this one has a better d-pad than my other one, so it has that going for it at least.

9. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Did it look like this? If so, that's plastic on the stick being worn after extended use, and should not be present on new sealed items.
    DSC_0664.JPG

DMG, Saiyan Lusitano and mech like this.
  10. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    Doesn't mean it's used, could it had simply be opened by an employe to show customers ? Anyway, off-center plastic ? First world problem !

Pip'

11. xile6

xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 15, 2006
    United States
    Look for sign of it being used. The off plastic could of simply been the worker that put it on before it got box up and ship out for sell.

Same as people finding dust and hairs under there screens on devices.

12. Elusivo
    OP

Elusivo GBAtemp Fan

Jun 21, 2013
    ye, anyway, i gonna send it to nintendo for replacement/repair after i get my black pro controller back from them (none at shop for replacement).

Turns out the L and R buttons dun work that well, when i press them down, if i dun apply a bit of extra pressure after it "clicks" down, most of the time it doesn't register the button press, unlike the other buttons.
    Also the green grip surface is not flush with the black faceplate, makes a 1mm step, which is annoying for a premium controller.