ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got one of these for Christmas (awesome wife, ftw!) so I can use it with Omega Ruby. It detected the cartridge just fine and everything seemed to be going okay (it backed up and restored saves just fine), until I tried to apply a code. Doesn't matter what code I try, I keep getting the same error message: "An error occurred processing your Game File." The weird part is that it fails every time while applying the code, when it gets to the Server Process part. That led me to believe it might've been a license key issue. So I contacted the seller and had it replaced. Same thing with the second one! I'd contacted Datel the first time around, and just contacted them again for this second unit. I'm using v1.21 of their software and am on Windows 8.1 64bit. Omega Ruby is the only physical cartridge I own that I can test with Powersaves. For troubleshooting, I've tried *takes a deep breath*:

• Adding the Powersaves software as an exception in my firewall
  • Completely disabling my firewall
  • Using a different cable, as well as the included one
  • Using the license key with/without dashes in the Options section of the Powersaves software
  • Applying just one code, as well as multiple
  • Trying it on two separate computers (same internet connection, though)
  • Confirming the license key and cartridge are from the same region (they are)
Again, every time it fails, it fails at the Server Process step while applying the code(s). Every time this happened, the status on the Powersaves website says their servers are running; it's never worked for me before with either unit! I'm at a complete loss. Any ideas?

Is a cartridge's save file different if the game was saved in Gateway's Classic Mode as opposed to legit firmware? Because if so, then that's most likely my problem. I've been using Gateway's Classic Mode this whole time.

Getting these posts on a new page in case someone who can help doesn't check back to previous pages.

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My powersaves says an error occurred processing your game file, It reads the card uploads my save then it gets to the server part in pops that up almost as fast as I can blink. Is this happning with any one other then me? This is happning on pokemon y by the way.

digimattd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all. I somehow managed to brick my Omega Ruby cart completely after attempting to clone from slot one to slot two w/Powersaves. I didn't notice anything different but I suppose I wasn't paying attention. Now I have a cart that doesn't show up in either PowerSaves or on my 3DS. Is there any way to take the backups I have saved via powersaves onto a new cart? Literally any at all? Or should I just pawn my 3DS? I don't really have the time to commit to replaying the game and at this point I'm 99.999999% sure there is nothing to be done. While I have a bunch of my things copied into Pokebank, at this point I'm pretty defeated. Thanks for any help.

ZOOT

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey all. I somehow managed to brick my Omega Ruby cart completely after attempting to clone from slot one to slot two w/Powersaves. I didn't notice anything different but I suppose I wasn't paying attention. Now I have a cart that doesn't show up in either PowerSaves or on my 3DS. Is there any way to take the backups I have saved via powersaves onto a new cart? Literally any at all? Or should I just pawn my 3DS? I don't really have the time to commit to replaying the game and at this point I'm 99.999999% sure there is nothing to be done. While I have a bunch of my things copied into Pokebank, at this point I'm pretty defeated. Thanks for any help.
sounds more the connectors are broken on your cassete(sorry bad english im dutch)

digimattd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sounds more the connectors are broken on your cassete(sorry bad english im dutch)

Someone suggested that elsewhere and I attempted to clean them with rubbing alcohol, however it did not fix the issue. Bad day. Also no need to apologize, your english was very clear :).

mbruno

Gamer For Life
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just as a heads up, the Secret Base Flag Codes that were added to Powersaves recently don't work right for some reason. When I used the code for 0 Flags in set the amount of flags to 391 and when I used the code for 1000 Flags it set the amount of flags to 1391.

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
this is me right now after the new edit tool for every one

bye-b.gif

Datel really deserve it
they could the save decrypted from the start
and every one will use their tool
because there is high chance Nintendo could patch the web browser thing anytime

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
This between Gateway owners + the free method (which still works on 9.4) will really hurt PowerSave's bottom line. Even if Nintendo eventually patches it. When an update rolls out, the entire customer base doesn't instantly update to it. Perhaps this will push PowerSaves to finally allow us to do what CyberGadget has been doing for awhile now. That's the only way they can compete with the free method once Nintendo eventually patches it.

You can bet your ass many users own at least 2 3DS consoles and would simply not update one of them and use that for their hacking needs. So that's even less customers for PowerSaves even after Nintendo releases their fix in the next firmware update.

Gen 6 is pretty much fully hacked now and the little "pentagram" in the Pokemon summery screen is certainly no longer a reliable method of determining if something is legit or not. :P

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
This between Gateway owners + the free method (which still works on 9.4) will really hurt PowerSave's bottom line. Even if Nintendo eventually patches it. When an update rolls out, the entire customer base doesn't instantly update to it. Perhaps this will push PowerSaves to finally allow us to do what CyberGadget has been doing for awhile now. That's the only way they can compete with the free method once Nintendo eventually patches it.

You can bet your ass many users own at least 2 3DS consoles and would simply not update one of them and use that for their hacking needs. So that's even less customers for PowerSaves even after Nintendo releases their fix in the next firmware update.

Gen 6 is pretty much fully hacked now and the little "pentagram" in the Pokemon summery screen is certainly no longer a reliable method of determining if something is legit or not. :P
the problem here , i have one 3DS with emunand for gateway
and one with 9.2 , so if they patch it i will no longer be able to use the new method which i like it the most
because you can edit your own save freely

Sixul

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all i want to know is why my powersaver pro can detect only pokemon (Alpha Sapphire), Animal Crossing: NL and Tomodachi life, all i have been able to figure out is that all 3 where the only non EEPROM and their media type is card 2, i have tried changing my other games to Nand type and my DiskWriter reads them as nand but nothing changes, still connecting and disconnecting when or "looping" (Similar to youtu. be/ 2eA2dxpYdvw?t=48s) i have also tried header changes, only thing left i think is to check if its possible to change media type from card 1 to 2, but in all honesty i doubt that will work.

if anyone has any further information or a "hypothesis" on how to get other games on the Sky3ds to work with Powersaver Pro by all means share, Thank You

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe