Dr. Canuck

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm hoping it's a 3D RPG for the Wii. In fact, during the 64 days I was always surprised they never attempted a 3D game since the other two big franchises (Zelda and Mario) we're both extremely successful. In the GameCube days after a 3D Metroid I figured it was only time... but I guess Nintendo things that sharing and battling against each other is important but that shouldn't be a problem now with wi-fi.
A 3D game would take out some of the tediousness that Pokemon.... you don't want to fight that level 2 pokemon? Or have to watch the intro fighting graphics before hitting "escape"? Then walk around it!!!

zapoqx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.raptr.com
XP
Country
United States
Just to add in...
Some years back... I'd say between 2001-2004, there was a fan-based 3D Pokemon game that was being made. Of course, the guy didn't call it Pokemon for probable copyright reason. He was using an engine that was rather new and using the 3D Miles Sound Emulation that was also rather new at the time. The guy released a demo of what he had so far so people could see what his progress was. You started the game with Pikachu and could go a bit out of Pallet Town and fight Rattata's and Pidgy's. It was fairly interesting because you could tell he put some of the GBA mechanics in the game with some enhancements. It did have an active battle system so you couldn't just let it sit the entire time or the pokemon would defeat you. The Trainer actually did stay on the field and you saw the pokemon doing their animations according to the attacks and weather it hit or missed (Actually showing if it missed, it really missed the pokemon and there was a chance for the other to hit them on the back or the sides). It was fairly intriguing. Sadly, he stopped and never made more progression (Possibly either Nintendo stepped in to stop him about it or because of the short time it took him to make the game that he did, he may have gotten hired OR he was bored and quit).

That's my input.

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
The fact of the matter IS that the tried and tested formula makes them a load of cash every year, why risk it by changing it and possibly decreasing sales?

but thats the problem with real the pokemon games as opposed to the spinoffs, the spinoffs have a great storyline but really boring gameplay and the realgames have great gameplay but a really boring storyline.

Ein-kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anakir said:
Pokemon TCG for DS please.
frown.gif

+1 to this.

And also a 3D Pokemon game. While it will never work for the DS (how many Pokemon/s are there right now? I lost count after Mew... 3D Sprites for all those Pokemans?), I hope they make one for Wii.
yaynds.gif

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
New Pokemon RPG for the Wii would be just AWESOME.

But why can I say, that I'm 100% sure that will never happen? Oh, yes.. I forgot that Nintendo's the producer... :/

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got the fondest memories of playing blue and red at primary school. Booking time on the single computer that had the internet and looking up all 150 different pokemons
smile.gif
internet at home was rareish back then. Trading and battling with friends, messing with that missing no. glitch...good times. Pretty much half the school had a gameboy and a copy of pokemon back then.

I'd like to see some changes to the series...I did enjoy diamond but it's getting stale for sure - I won't bother with platinum.

A full 3D massive world. Epic story. Some action-rpg elements added. Focus on game play improvements, story etc. would be much better than time spent making new pokemon...we've got enough pokemon already. Maybe add 10 or something.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
What the hell is with everyones lust for a Gold/Silver remake?
Because they remade Red and Green, and everyone remembers Gold and Silver as the best games. They spanned over two continents, 16 gyms, had new legendaries, just all the stuff people wanted from Pokemon and more - plus people didn't entirely expect a new game to even come out at the time. Which is why it would be awesome if they were remade.

RetroVortex

Trophies
XP
Country
why don't they just make a 3d pokemon where you can travel to all regions and catch all the current pokemon.
They could have all the leagues, or go with a gym leader challenge system like the one on pokemon stadium...
it doesn't really need a plot, just alot to do and a general direction.
A challenge mode would be cool to. I'd love it if you had to win a battle with a select pool of pokemon, or preset pokemon with specific moves...
When you win, you get a rare pokemon (egg prefered) or item
Including rent pokemon is a must for vs, just to keep things fair/interesting.

Online co-op would be awesome. imagine takling a pokemon dungeon with your freind, you could work independently or as a duo, solving puzzles and fighting 2 vs 2 battles.\

huhh... A guy can dream can't he...

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:
Because they remade Red and Green, and everyone remembers Gold and Silver as the best games. They spanned over two continents, 16 gyms, had new legendaries, just all the stuff people wanted from Pokemon and more - plus people didn't entirely expect a new game to even come out at the time. Which is why it would be awesome if they were remade.

Don't forget weekly tournaments, different pokemon to catch during day/night cycles, introduction of breeding and the chance to face your rival. A lot of things were introduced in G/S that were such a great addition to the series. I wonder why most of the later ones ignored the best additions?

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
Xcalibur said:
Trolly said:
QUOTE said:

Don't forget weekly tournaments, different pokemon to catch during day/night cycles, introduction of breeding and the chance to face your rival. A lot of things were introduced in G/S that were such a great addition to the series. I wonder why most of the later ones ignored the best additions?
Yeah, I especially loved the bug catching tournament.
biggrin.gif

Raichy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I want PKMN Yellow remake, or at least a new pkmn game with
option to play with the original 151 pokémon, the new ones make me sick..
But I guess that won't happen...

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
mario isnt childish?

what galaxy are you from?

go take a break at delfino island

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat