New Pokemon announcement coming on Jan 8th

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when you have a gear pokémon, a ice cream pokémon and one that is literally a piece of trash,
I can't see how this could go even worse.

when you look into Pokemon yo cant expect it to work the same as our universe the culture and events are base on pokemon

the ice cream Pokemon works because in the Pokemon universe is not base on ice cream the humans there copy him instead and base ice cream around him

same for the gear Pokemon humans there got the idea for gears from him so when i see this type of Pokemon i don't really care

Reactions: Deleted-236924

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What makes you think I am trolling?

Butthurt much?

If Guild says Pokemon is bad, it's bad. Do you know how many "likes" he has on these forums?

Also Emigre and foxi4 think it's bad and stuff. They are all like-minded people, can't go wrong with that.

So, stop being in this state of denial and stop enjoying shit games.
This is the prime example why I hate humans. Why don't you get your own opinion? Just because you like one series you hate all others. (I'm looking at you COD fans!). Go hate on other games and leave Pokemon the fuck alone. Actually, leave everything alone.

Reactions: beta4attack

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is the prime example why I hate humans. Why don't you get your own opinion? Just because you like one series you hate all others. (I'm looking at you COD fans!). Go hate on other games and leave Pokemon the fuck alone. Actually, leave everything alone.
The way you type, it's as if you weren't human yourself.

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no

no they won't remake fire red/leaf green because the controls were hard & the music was annoying. There are so many hacks based on this I lost count.
WTF, how are the controls hard at all. You walk around with the dpad and click the A button when in front of a stranger. I swear, even my aunt got the gist of it in 5 minutes and was beating Soul Silver before I even got my hands on it. And in my opinion the music is what I look forward to the most.

The way you type, it's as if you weren't human yourself.
Haha, I'm viewing this on my iPhone so it's not gonna be perfect. Plus, if I don't type humanly, than I don't hate myself. Get it?

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the prime example why I hate humans.

This, of all things, spurs you into misanthropy and self-loathing?

Murder, rape, greed, those are all fine and dandy I guess - but this is the step too far. Alright, gotcha.

Why don't you get your own opinion? Just because you like one series you hate all others. (I'm looking at you COD fans!).

Do people actually do this? I mean, besides poorly-conceived straw men, of course.

Also, wow, what a completely fresh dig at Call of Duty fans. You're totally a cool and edgy guy, man. Hardcore, all the way!

Go hate on other games and leave Pokemon the fuck alone. Actually, leave everything alone.

When your final statement is basically cribbed from Chris Crocker, I think something has gone very wrong.

D

Deleted-236924

What makes you think I am trolling?

Butthurt much?

If Guild says Pokemon is bad, it's bad. Do you know how many "likes" he has on these forums?

Also Emigre and foxi4 think it's bad and stuff. They are all like-minded people, can't go wrong with that.

So, stop being in this state of denial and stop enjoying shit games.

Such a wikifriend.

Also,
gallery_215916_432_365071.gif

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Gahars
Haha, it's amazing how you can take something like that and make it funny.

@Others
It's not that I get butthurt, it just gets on my nerves when one person expresses their opinion, and dashes out all others. This pretty goes for every series or anything else.

VinvinMario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Don't hate on humans bro, I was kidding. Damn you made me post again in here!

In all seriousness. we are all individuals with individual tastes, mind, views, upbringing, culture. I could go on. It's what makes us different from others.

You like a game, I love that game. You dislike a game I love that game too. You like a game, I don't like it as much.

There is so much to choose from according to our tastes.

My posts were sarcastic in a way to mock Guild McCommunist and his clan of his forum besties. They almost remind me of the bad dudes in my neighbourhood who would extort money from other kids who used to play sports in a playground.

I don't like a game, I won't go on to rub it all over your face, that's not me. I leave that job for Guild McCommunist.

Seriously though, don't be hating on humans over video games, not worth it.

Reactions: Latiken

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Others
It's not that I get butthurt, it just gets on my nerves when one persons expresses their opinion, and dashes out all others. This pretty goes for every series or anything else.

For most things I can be bothered to form an opinion on it is usually the end result of reasoning with the evidence available and as such any opinions that are not my own are quite free to be dismissed for being wrong. The trick is being able to justify this and even better being able to see where your opinion was formed from faulty evidence or an incomplete picture and adjusting accordingly. Given terms like forum for discussion have probably existed for longer than the modern world has known about electricity this would be an example of a great place to test your opinions against those of others.

So far we have had examples of those that have no clue how this process works (either by not doing the process or having no idea about the underlying logic) and those that have taken this to heart (though among those might be those lacking in evidence and those that have a solid platform for everything).

Reactions: Gahars

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
when you look into Pokemon yo cant expect it to work the same as our universe the culture and events are base on pokemon

the ice cream Pokemon works because in the Pokemon universe is not base on ice cream the humans there copy him instead and base ice cream around him

same for the gear Pokemon humans there got the idea for gears from him so when i see this type of Pokemon i don't really care

That may be true, but it is still true that they were based in real life gear, ice-cream and trash.
Aside that Klink and Vanilite evolutions look more of the same.

For me, this is not right, they don't even look like Pokémons.
With all the amazing and exotic animals we have in this world,
they could create much better pokémons than these.

I preffer that they take 8 years to build a good game, with interesting creatures,
than releasing the game incomplete with some shitty pokémons
(Which is the case of Pokémon Black and White).

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What the bloody fuck happened here? Remember when this thread was about Pokemon and thoughts about what the next one was gonna be?

If you don't like pokemon then fine, firmly place your ass in a different thread. Its one thread about pokemon, you can all get the hell over it.

As for me, I'd rather they not move away from sprite based games, the 3d ones are nice and all but they don't quite feel like Pokemon to me.

Oh and about the trash and gear pokemon, remember in gen 1 when one of the Pokemon was a snake thats name was snake backwards? Or muk who was just a pile of poisonous shit? They've never been terribly original and actually from a story perspective Pokemon based on gears and trash make sense given the recent urbanization in pokemon games, as the cities grow and take land away from the pokemon the pokemon must grow to adapt.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't like pokemon then fine, firmly place your ass in a different thread. Its one thread about pokemon, you can all get the hell over it.

That seems somewhat against the purpose of discussion in general- I would agree if you consider the gameplay style to be irredeemable this might not be the best place to discuss it (though I am certainly willing to hear about your theory that say if you fused pokemon RPG with a roguelike it would be awesome) but there is plenty of room to discuss aspects of various things as indeed seems to be happening. For my part pokemon bores me senseless and has done for a long while, these days the only emotional reaction it causes is a feeling of dread as I get to play a part in keeping places like this running when the signal to noise ratio gets a bit skewed as a result of an impending flood of pokefiends. However back on the GBA (in some cases with the franchises going back further) though there were many "pokemon clones" which I enjoyed considerably more (demi kids, medabots and robopon to name a few) so I can the style has potential but for my money pokemon misses in execution which is pretty tragic for as far as entertainment goes a waste of potential is far worse to me than something never likely to be good failing to be good.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That seems somewhat against the purpose of discussion in general- I would agree if you consider the gameplay style to be irredeemable this might not be the best place to discuss it (though I am certainly willing to hear about your theory that say if you fused pokemon RPG with a roguelike it would be awesome) but there is plenty of room to discuss aspects of various things as indeed seems to be happening. For my part pokemon bores me senseless and has done for a long while, these days the only emotional reaction it causes is a feeling of dread as I get to play a part in keeping places like this running when the signal to noise ratio gets a bit skewed as a result of an impending flood of pokefiends. However back on the GBA (in some cases with the franchises going back further) though there were many "pokemon clones" which I enjoyed considerably more (demi kids, medabots and robopon to name a few) so I can the style has potential but for my money pokemon misses in execution which is pretty tragic for as far as entertainment goes a waste of potential is far worse to me than something never likely to be good failing to be good.
Pokemon + Roguelike = a slightly harder Mystery Dungeon which is indeed awesome. Also the GBA Medabots RPG is awesome as well, never played demi kids and robopon.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yea sorry that was a bit harshly worded on my part, It just seems like people are hating Pokemon for the sake of hating Pokemon. It also seems people are throwing around the words "Troll" and "Butthurt" too much. I just wish it could be a intelligent conversation rather then a pissing contest full of people trying to make more noise.

As for my thoughts on Pokemon, I like and still regularly buy the games but I recently find myself torn between being afraid of seeing them change and being bored of the monotony of having them stay the same. Its like an old friend when you're growing up, you want him to stay the same, but you know in the back of your head that he has to grow up and become "less fun" some day. Part of me wants Pokemon to stay the way it did when I was little playing red and blue, and part of me wants to see it evolve so that I can once again play it for reasons other then sheer commitment to the series.

Reactions: porkiewpyne

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you guys wish to see a major change in the battle formual in 6th gen. I can't think of anything, but I do hope they advance it further and that's what excites me. Like how they introduce a major change in diamond/pear bringing in the physical/special mix split. So some special attacks became physical and vice versa. For instance firepunch was special attack in gen 1-3, it went on to be physical from 4th gen on. Gengar lost all three of it's element punches due to a weak physical attack base.

A new handheld, start with a new gen and bring fresh changes into the series.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Dude just shat himself.