DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Facts:

Im on Verizon. I have a 2 and a half year old phone. i have been up for an upgrade for 9 months... and Ive been holding out for either a new Droid or Verizon Iphone.
VS
The 3DS looks effing rapesause awesome. You know the rest.
Now. Of these two items, I will be getting one right away. I will have to wait to get the second one.
Help me decide please
biggrin.gif

Since this is a gaming forum, im guessing that the 3DS is going to be a huge winner here but hey i want to see anyways.

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
No brainer, the 3DS comes out later and there are good phones out right now. You want to buy one now and wait before buying the second item. Buy a phone now and a 3DS when it's actually released/hacked/3DS Lite

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on what you want more, if you get a phone you can call, text etc as well as sone good apps and emulators. If you get a 3ds it's more gaming, your choice

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you simply cannot wait to get one or the other, go with the phone as the 3DS requires you to wait anyway (unless you somehow manage to smuggle one off of the assembly line).

If you can wait and it's not too pressing of a matter, wait for the 3DS. You already have a phone that works and getting another seems like a waste to me.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get the phone I picked the phone. I got the Droid Incredible if you want you can get one for free from Amazon, and then you can get a 3DS that is what I did. If you must get the iPhone or the 3DS then get the iPhone its just more useful then the 3DS.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you were AT&T, I'd say wait on the phone until the PlayStation Phone comes out.

But since you're Verizon, if you can say yes to all of these questions, get a 3DS:
1. Can your phone make and receive phone calls and texts?
2. Can your phone stay on for days/weeks at a time without freezing/crashing?
3. Are all of the keys still on it?
4. Is the screen still intact?
5. Are you patient?
(Optional) 6. Is it a smartphone?

Otherwise, get a phone.

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Depends on your phone usage. Personally I kinda regret buying my iphone, as all I really use it for is sending texts, occasionally hitting up Facebook, google maps etc and a few calls. Sure there are some neat apps out there, but it all kinda wore off for me after a few months resulting in me having an expensive slim brick that I just use for its basic functions.

If you can see yourself really making use of the Droid or Iphone go for it. But if your current phone ain't broke and you only really need a phone to text/call etc, get the 3DS.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd get a phone. There are some really great phones out there, and even better ones coming very soon.

Best idea: Wait a little bit for a good phone.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
you guys are nuts! 3DS all the way. Unless said phone malfunctions and isn't one made for texting. I'm ok with one of the cheaper phones without the fancy OS (also using a deactivated droid for apps/internet).

D

Deleted_171835

The 3DS.
I'm just a biased Nintendo fanboy, though so feel free to ignore my suggestion.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. Phone is winning about 5 votes.
Interesting. I figured there would be lots more for the 3DS but looks good.
SoulSnatcher: calm yourself if course im gonna take your suggestion into consideration.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Phone first. Then wait for the inevitable upgrade to the 3DS. And by the time that upgrade comes out, tons of games will be available for the 3DS.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
OP
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jolan, i dont agree. ive had my (well my phat ds) since 2005 and i didnt get a phone till 2006 and had to get a new one in 2008. i only upgraded out of convenience to the DSl but i could have gotten along fine with a DS phat.
ShadowSoldier, i think that is what im going to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill