Hacking New or old batch? Which is better? (Acekard 2i)

VistaXP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've received my Acekard 2i today and it came in a paper box not clam shell, it also doesn't have the gold oval sticker others have been talking about. Do I have the earliest set of Acekard 2i made and are they having less issues than the newer ones?

forster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.monica-harris.com
XP
Country
Best thing to do would be to test it, Ive ordered an AK2i, and testing the questionable roms will be the first thing that I do, then at least I know that it's either a good or bad card within the few days that I can contact my seller to return it.

I read the other thread through and it didnt seem that any identifiable marks or changes on the card or box were noticeable, aside from slightly shorter contacts.

Try it and see, rather than worrying about it for the rest of the games you are going to be using with it - you should be able to return it if it doesnt work (may want to check with your supplier first).

forster

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.monica-harris.com
XP
Country
After reading the terms and conditions from addictsupplies (http://www.addictsupplies.com/index.php?act=viewDoc&docId=3), "All purchases are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable except at AddictSupplies discretion."

Your argument would be that the flash cart, as listed on their site, features, "Perfect Compatibility. No need to convert, No need to flash." and as it had ceased working after using a specific ROM goes against the sites claim that it offers 'perfect compatibility'.

After that you are onto the semantics of arguing about ROM usage and legal issues, and it might turn into more effort than you want to spend.

On the other hand, if you get back in touch the same day you received it and the box and everything is in good condition, they might just offer to refund you. Like they say, it's down to their own discretion and whether they want to be nice and keep your business, or snub you and risk that you will never shop from them again.

Away from that issue, take heart in the fact that the problems with peoples carts in the other thread is quite small, there's only a small number of people affected, we can never be sure 100% which batch or even what the specific issue was with those cards at that time.

What I will say is that I do play a lot of Pokemon Platinum, and my girlfriend is mad about Prof. Layton, and I really want to start Suikoden, so Im going to be testing the games as soon as I get the card if you want to wait and see what my results are before trying yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(