New Nintendo protection broken in under 24 hours!

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Till Nov. 16, thats how long wiikey team has before I switch to cyclowiz.

I want mario dammit.

Team says:
[07.10.29] Update on Super Mario Galaxy Issue
In addition to the announcement made earlier today about Super Mario Galaxy, we are pleased to confirm that we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix.

In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated.

As ever, we appreciate your patience and support while we do this.

dydy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
LOL
wink.gif
one is going to wait 6 months to have the update wiikey you will see

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't believe there isn't a comment about the game yet. Or maybe its cos the people playing are dangerously addicted to it now..

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Till Nov. 16, thats how long wiikey team has before I switch to cyclowiz.

I want mario dammit.

Team says:
In addition to the announcement made earlier today about Super Mario Galaxy, we are pleased to confirm that we have now identified the copy protection method responsible and created a fix.

In order to guarantee stability, we have had to make a fairly major change to the way the code works. While all tests have proven positive, the challenge now is to create a delivery system to allow existing Wiikeys to be updated.

If its anytime like last time when they tested the code we have months before its released
laugh.gif
I dunno why they can't do a quick beta fix like the cyclowiz. After all if it doesn't work properly we have the disc to go back to the old stable firmware.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One is going to wait 6 months to have the update wiikey me i believe them not..WIIKEY team is too slow...solution buy the cycloWIz?

From wiikey.cn:

dydy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One is going to wait 6 months to have the update wiikey me i believe them not..WIIKEY team is too slow...solution buy the cycloWIz?

From wiikey.cn:

LOL
biggrin.gif
.........buy a CycloWiz^^

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Couldn't Nintendo brick the console once it found a modchip instead of just saying "Your system has a modchip"!?

Boy.. that would be fun
tongue.gif

Do you remember the paper mario update when the NTSC version bricked PAL wiis? All the will happen is people would take the wii back to the store. Then nintendo lose loads of money.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
heh it's always a matter of time.. I'm just amazed that they even bother, without Rare around any more. Although they did put protection on super mario all-stars which got cracked right away anyway. If Nintendo really wanted to protect their games, they'd have to have it authenticate with servers online. Not sure why they don't do all that but I guess there's a lot of epople who don't have their wii connected to the internet.. I think they could do better at protecting their games, but they don't want to spend all the money on R&D which I think is kinda nonsense. You don't want your games pirated but you 'give up' or half-ass the protection. heh. half assing it is a waste of development money.

SnickS

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Couldn't Nintendo brick the console once it found a modchip instead of just saying "Your system has a modchip"!?

Boy.. that would be fun
tongue.gif

Do you remember the paper mario update when the NTSC version bricked PAL wiis? All the will happen is people would take the wii back to the store. Then nintendo lose loads of money.

And it's in many countries illegal to brick the system because of a modchip.

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omg i got mario galaxy working on wiikey heres how i did it
1.you must be a noob
2.open your wii with wiikey installed
3.solder wires to any where (use water on board to make wires stick down better)
4.burn mario galaxy to disc then glue it to the bottom off wiisports (jam works if you have no glue)
5.hammer a nail into the middle of your wii (if you dont get into the center it will only let you play mario for 30000hours)
6.unplug your wii from the mains then push the disc into the slot. after the disc is all the way in, run a bath get in with your wii and submerge for atleast 10mins. finally your almost done put the wii into the microwave on 900wats(fullpower) for 30mins then put your head up to the glass and watch

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
omg i got mario galaxy working on wiikey heres how i did it
1.you must be a noob
2.open your wii with wiikey installed
3.solder wires to any where (use water on board to make wires stick down better)
4.burn mario galaxy to disc then glue it to the bottom off wiisports (jam works if you have no glue)
5.hammer a nail into the middle of your wii (if you dont get into the center it will only let you play mario for 30000hours)
6.unplug your wii from the mains then push the disc into the slot. after the disc is all the way in, run a bath get in with your wii and submerge for atleast 10mins. finally your almost done put the wii into the microwave on 900wats(fullpower) for 30mins then put your head up to the glass and watch

I tried that but now I can't play backups!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello