Homebrew New Nintendo 3DS - MicroSD Management VS FTPd + FileZilla?

Deleted member 446461

OP
Trophies
XP
Hello!

Since I finally got Windows 7 on my desktop computer, I am starting to think about the risks of using FTP, since I have heard cases of files sent through FTP ending up corrupted.

Does Microsoft's Samba protocol have file integrity verification, perhaps?

Does it have E2EE? It does seem like you need a password to connect to the console.

If I could use Windows 7, was it a mistake to use FTP?

I feel paranoic about this. If you can enlighten me on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, it's easier to pirate.
Windows 10 is still a free upgrade to Windows 7, even if the Windows 7 license is pirated.

Even if you don't update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (i.e. You perform a clean installation), it's easily piratable.

lincruste

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I see no relation between SMB and FTP, nor with end to end encryption.
Just get Filezilla or WinSCP, start your 3DS ftp service and copy your files.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imo, the normal micro sd card management is better. you can enable it on windows 10 by enabling smb 1.0. that's what the ps3 and 360 use as well to map network drives. you can still map network folders with smb 2.0, but it's less reliable in my experience. that is in windows features (enabling smb 1.0), so micro sd card management works in windows 10. I'd advise you take the sd card out and transfer files manually though. that's the best way imo. btw, the reason it's disabled by default is security reasons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over