Hacking New Nintendo 3DS installing CIAs and GBA games??

aofelix

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey first question,

for installing CIAs, do I always have to have the files on my SD card for my new nintendo 3ds on latest gateway?

I'm wondering because putting in and out the card is a bit annoying due to having to unscrew the lid each time. Is there a way to install games from the red card to the SD card or is that just not possible?

Secondly, can I run GBA games from a GW yet or not?

Is there a way to dump files to the n3DS card without having to unscrew it? aka a file manager?

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. You can install CIAs from other sources, such as over the network depending on your manager. I know FBI has this functionality, but in my experience it's best reserved for small homebrew.
  2. You can run .3ds games from the red card, but installing from it is a large "no".
  3. Can't run GBA games from GW at all, probably won't for a long while.
  4. MicroSD Management allows network file transfers, but it's notably slower than direct use. You can find a CIA of it on a certain ISO site so that you don't have to enter Settings (and this is one case where you could totally just network install it). Alternatively, just don't redo the screws on the console; the lid holds fine without being screwed in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1