New model PSP-E1000 specifications

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by koimayeul, Aug 23, 2011.

Aug 23, 2011
  1. koimayeul
    OP

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Don't see that posted on here yet so here goes - its google translated so there might be some engrish inside

" In the absence of a precise release date, found on the official PlayStation site a data sheet for future PSP E-1000, including confirming the presence of a single mono speaker, while the previous models offered sound in stereo.

The screen is however identical in size and technology than the PSP-3000, along with the charger, but this budget version will be slightly modified the design a bit larger (172.4 mm against 169.4 mm) , lighter (223 g against 280 g, battery included) and especially less thick (21.6 mm against 71.4 mm). Since the Fnac already sold off the PSP-3000 to 99 €, it must be recognized that the value of this future PSP E-1000 is not obvious ... "

Source (french videogame website) http://www.gamekult.com/actu/du-son-mono-p...0000095540.html

Characteristics of PSP-E1000
    Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.

LCD: 10.9 cm (16:9) to full transparency, TFT drive. Approximately 16,770,000 colors displayed.

Sound: monaural speaker.

Internal hard drive: UMD Drive (read only).

Interface: DC IN 5V connector Hi-Speed ??USB (USB 2.0 supported). DC OUT connector. Headphone jack. Slot for Memory Stick PRO Duo ™.

Power: AC adapter 5V DC. Battery Pack Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries.

Maximum power consumption: 6 W (charging).

External dimensions: 172.4 × 73.4 × approximately 21.6 mm (width x height x depth) (maximal projection excluded).

Weight: approx 223 g (including battery pack)

Operating temperature: 5 ° C - 35 ° C.

Codecs - Video UMD: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile Level 3. Music: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile Level 3, Linear PCM, ATRAC3plus ™ Memory Stick ™: consult the user manual.

Laser UMD
    Wavelength: 655-665 nm.
    Power: 0.28 mW maximum.
    Type: Semiconductor, continuous.

AC adapter
    Input: 100-240 V AC at 50/60 Hz
    Output: 5 VDC, 1500 mA maximum.
    External dimensions: approximately 61 × 23 × 84 mm (width x height x depth) (maximal projection excluded).
    Weight: about 62 g.

Source : official Playstation website (in french) http://fr.playstation.com/psp-e1000/#selec...specifications)

I was thinking of buying one for my little niece but now with mono sound and to actually see the difference with price in €.. i guess not

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Mono speaker? I might just get a 2000, music is a big part of gaming for me.

3. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    We know this

Also you shouldn't play on a handheld without headphones anyway, ruins the experience for games with epic music.

4. koimayeul
    OP

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Easily missed on the tenth page of that other news and yep, headphones obligatory for some games

5. tigris

Member tigris Sentient Existential Anthropomorphic Sweet Potato

United Kingdom
    Is this becoming a trend?
    • NEW PSP drops previous functionality. (Stereo Sound)
    • NEW Wii drops previous functionality. (Gamecube BC)
    • NEW PS3s drop previous functionality. (PS2 BC)

Less for more! That's what they always say [​IMG] ... oh, wait. What?

6. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    Expect (I think) old ps3s also drop support.

7. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Nothing like having a pair of headphones in, in a quiet room.
    Seriously, try it. Not only is it better but you get more into the game.

8. Zetta_x

Member Zetta_x The Insane Statistician

United States

Whhhaaaa? I'm no audiophille and if you take a $30 headset you can notice an insane difference compared to my $70 external speaker set yet alone the tiny psp speakers. You will start hearing sounds you couldn't hear previously and it's in much better quality.

If you can't hear a difference between psp speakers and headphones, you are probably using super insanely crappy apple headphones or have got ripped off buying whatever ones you have.

9. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    This. I think that the difference between mono and stereo on an handheld is barely noticeable anyway.

10. SifJar

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    Less for less. In each case the newer models are cheaper than the older ones with the extra features where. And if as people are saying here, you play with headphones anyway, in this case it is COMPLETELY irrelevant that it is missing (personally I usually play without sound on handhelds. The only time I use sound on my PSP is when watching videos, when I use headphones).

11. KingVamp

Member KingVamp Great... AETHER!

United States
    I can here the difference in sound, but doesn't change the game for me. As long it is good sound or at least a good game I'm fine. I didn't need the sound rocking my ears. [​IMG] Well it could at least have stereo for people who break earphones easily or just don't want to use headphones.

I think my 3ds is pretty loud. (The only thing I got with me now...)

12. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    the cost v benefit (business case) has changed for many companies now and it seems that older products are not used as much
    unless u consider a 3ds and ds, the vita can also drop psp compatibility

13. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    >Playing video games without sound

You have no soul.

What you do have is my upmost pity.

14. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    You...you monster [​IMG]

15. Dingoo-fan 32

Member Dingoo-fan 32 GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Mono sound? *Brain blows out of head*

16. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    I can't stand playing with headphones in, I'm too paranoid and have to hear my surroundings :/ (unless i'm on a bus or train).
    Mono sound though, seems really cheap. I mean, a speaker is barely any cost at all compared to a lot of other things. Okay that they drop a few other things, but mono sound seems a bit too much for me.

Oh well, It's not like you benefit from stereo that much anyway in games as you potentially could. (hearing a monster from one side or the other... i never notice anyway)

17. Potticus

Member Potticus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No one here bothered by the fact it doesn't have wifi?

18. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Psycho!

Portugal
    No wifi ? Then no thanks. I am skipping for PSPVita with better 3rd supporting first. Be wise, save the money for PSPVita if you want. It is a waste money.

This is silly model, really.

19. jamesaa

Member jamesaa The Prince of Insufficient Light

United Kingdom
    No wifi? I suppose if you know you won't use it it might be an option, and is likely a pricer part of the PSP.

Mono sound, seriously how little does it cost to add a second speaker? It's minuscule in comparison to the screen or wifi module, almost seems pointless to me - but i usually use earphones so it would not eb a deal breaker if i was looking to buy one.

Larger. Now this I really cannot understand, why make it larger? You have less bits to stuff into it, i used to repair PSP 1000 / 2000 units and remember the wifi board took a good amount of space, that's now gone so surely they could have kept it the same size, if not a bit smaller?

Thinner. One properly good thing i suppose [​IMG] as long as it's still comfortable to hold.

Any news on the battery this has? Removable? Same as the slim or a new slimmer one due to the console being slimmer?

edit: typo

edit2: just been looking at pictures of it, i really dislike the bar at the bottom with the home/volume etc controls, it just looks wrong to me :/ )

20. Potticus

Member Potticus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The whole design is shit. Not sure why they would even push this on people other than to clear out UMD's I suppose.

The Vita is going to kickass, and I can't wait for the available homebrew we will get. Not to mention great, successful emulation.

Arm processors=pure gold
    Droid apps will be carried over and the droid emulators could be ported as well.
    Simple stuff.