New mobile game PokeLand revealed, Japan-only for now

pokeland1.jpg

pokeland3.jpg pokeland2.jpg pokeland4.jpg

Nintendo seems to have found a niche in the mobile market, after the successes of titles like Miitomo, Fire Emblem Heroes, and Pokemon Go. Their latest project is to be called PokeLand, which is a toned-down, mobile-styled version of the Pokemon Rumble series. The game is currently in alpha testing, for Japan only, which starts today, and will run until June 9th. It features 134 different Pokemon, along with 52 different levels to explore. There's no word on if PokeLand will come west, at this time.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
This is probably just another Pokémon company game, not really Nintendo themselves. They've been whoring out Pokémon on mobile for years.

Reactions: jastolze

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
gfs_139523_2_4.jpg

This doesn't really look any different.

Yeah, that's the problem. It's like they're just being lazy and ported it directly. It's an old game. It looked fine to me back then. Well, it's an easy money and Pokémon is a famous franchise, so I'm pretty sure this will sell (paid app or micro-transactions) like hotcakes but will die if not taken cared properly just like Pokémon Go. Not sure if there are still that many players for Pokémon Go, though but that's another story.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hope they don't plan on sticking to such a small number of Pokémon. They could always just reuse the models from Rumble World assuming they're not already doing it.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Tsk tsk tsk. It's really depressing how much they focus on mobile games nowadays.
It's actually great to see Nintendo focusing more on releasing Nintendo games for non-Nintendo platforms than making them all exclusives.

I like the way Nintendo is nowadays. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyone know where I can download the apk to try it out?

Thanks.

Reactions: justneet
S

Saiyan Lusitano

Ah, found it via QooApp. Great app to download Japanese Android Play Store games and whatnot.

Give it a try, you lot, if you want. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...