ROM Hack New Metroid Bros.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been spending a lot building new levels. I may wait a few more weeks to get more complete for the next release. There are a lot of new hidden areas added that I think everyone will like. Some of them you will not be expecting. Big plans ahead. I would have put out a release this weekend, but I am taking on both Kraid and Ridley's hideouts at once.

The biggest challenge with this game has been trying to fit Metroid levels into NSMB. The merge is going well, but has taken a lot of planning and trial and error.

This hack will be far different from any other hack. And, for us oldschool Nintendo people, there will be some easter eggs to come.

Anyway, just updating the post so you know this is anything but abandoned.

tyrantpig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought you'd eventually run out of maps? Unless you will replace maps (Such as 5-1) for earlier ones (1-1) as back tracking in the original game was often.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tyrantpig said:
I thought you'd eventually run out of maps? Unless you will replace maps (Such as 5-1) for earlier ones (1-1) as back tracking in the original game was often.

The first release isn't the same as the build I am working on now. The first was a concept. There are going to be some fairly big changes.

And, yes having the game progress smoothly has not been easy. It is one of the big reasons I haven't put out a release. There have been many revisions on my end. I must have this thing backed up 100 times so I can revert to old saves. It is really easy to corrupt the rom. I spend more time planning and testing than I do building the game.

I added more screenshots on the first page.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eswar21297 said:
Nice hack, but can't you just use a texture for mario to look like a bit deformed Samus?

Varia Suit for fireflower?

Is it also complete...?
Thanks.

It is getting closer to completion. I may get into some texture hacking later into my build. For now I am getting the levels built.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am releasing the second beta. It is not perfect, but I want you guys to play it and tell me what you think. I am thinking about finishing the game before releasing another beta, so any input is appreciated.

Make sure and get all the star coins and find the hidden exits. There are big surprises waiting there!

I posted the new rev. on the first post, but here it is again.
New Metroid Bros. (.061)

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SpaceJump said:
Is this new version different from the last you gave me?

It has a few small changes. Oh, and I think one big one. But still the same levels. Mostly just corrections since you saw it.

I will send you another one soon.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steves334 said:
i hope its not as gay as it looks. ill fucken delete that shit if its all gay

What do you mean does Mario have an over-exaggerated fashion sense, and doesn't feel like playing sports any more? No.

The game is good, play it.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
luckwii said:
steves334 said:
i hope its not as gay as it looks. ill fucken delete that shit if its all gay

What do you mean does Mario have an over-exaggerated fashion sense, and doesn't feel like playing sports any more? No.

The game is good, play it.
I agree. Just don't pay attention to such trolls
angry.gif

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to tyrantpig for finding a crash in level 1-2. I will repair it after work today and re-upload another update. So, until then latest download will crash at 1-2.

luckwii

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will have another patch up in a day or two. I am super sick right now. May have to go to the hospital. Next release is fixed, but I want to add another level which is almost finished. I have most of Ridley's area finished too, so it won't be too long until world 2 will be done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty @BigOnYa @BakerMan :creep: