1. Wiip™

Wiip™ Worth a penny.

I can't wait! I hope it will be released soon. :lol:

2. Raiman

Raiman Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    wow this hack is looking great!!!
    but i have a little question, can you change the music of the game? (the original music of the game was horrible)
    mario of the nes or metroid will do the trick

3. SpaceJump

SpaceJump GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    The music luckwii uses of the original game suits the levels fine because he doesn't often use the level 1 tune ;) He mainly uses the ghost house theme, the castle theme and the underground theme which all fit Metroid.

1 person likes this.
  4. luckwii

OP luckwii GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I may try and hack in music. The problem so far is that there aren't many songs in NSMB. I have so many levels, retro games, scenes, etc. That I would have to create probably 10 times the music tracks that are in the original rom...Maybe it is possible. If it is I will definitely add them. I am leaving no stone unturned, and nothing halfway done. I have already filled up every tileset in the game with 100% custom tiles. And every background will be custom as well. There are a couple more I am adding, and it will be filled. You can see where it has taken a year of 30+ hour weeks just on this hack.

Every 16X16 pixel tile is exactly where it is in the original retro games. Every level is rendered as close as possible using the NSMB engine. I am surprised actually about how much I have been able to do. When I started this, I never would have guessed so much is possible.

5. bradzx

bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Wow! :D I play this hack and it really awesome! :D And I need your help or somebody already got second star coin in 1-tower. I got 1st and 3rd star coin. I passed World 1. :) It really awesome. I am at World 2.

6. luckwii

OP luckwii GBAtemp Fan

United States
    The hack has changed a lot since the last released beta. I think in the beta if you follow the arrows, they will point where the star coin is. But you will trip when you see the changes to this point. In the level you are talking about now, you can actually collect the coins to open the doors. There are big changes in all the levels. The beta is very beta compared to what the game does now.

I have made the game mechanics a lot better than what they were. The cameras follow perfectly everywhere. Mario's movement through the levels is a lot better. Some of the parts were too hard or too easy, which most of that has been changed. The levels have a better flow, and feel to them as well. A lot more sprites and images used, along with level design add ons. But I am glad to see people like this older beta. With that being known, I am sure the game in its finished state will be a big hit.

7. Raiman

Raiman Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Ah ok, if you only use the music of the caves, ghosts house and the castles the hack will be great!! I think that the music of the world 1 in nsmb is horrible

8. bradzx

bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    LuckWii - I just download few days ago. Just let you know. Well I did follow arrow but I can't find it anywhere.

9. bradzx

bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    LuckWii - I just download few days ago. Just let you know. Well I did follow arrow but I can't find it anywhere.

Edit: PLEASE DELETE THIS POST BECAUSE ANNOYING LOADING POST FOR CLICK POST TWICE BY ACCIDENT.

10. luckwii

OP luckwii GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't want to give a spoiler away for the coin, but the arrow points exactly to the coin. But, the path to get there is not always in a straight line. There are now special rooms, entrances, or anything to get to where the coin is, you just have to explore the areas where the arrow points.

Funny thing I have noticed...I have been playing all the retro games to get my levels as close as possible down to the last pixel. Same thing with how the cameras follow etc. And you would be amazed how many bugs I have found in the retro games. I also see where they took short cuts, and ran into a lot of the problems that I have building the levels. I can see now why they did a lot of the things they did in certain games. One of the biggest mistakes I have seen, and it is in a lot of them, is that they did not set the camera correctly going from one room to another. So you can see the camera shift to try and compensate, or I have even seen graphical glitches because of these transitions. Man...I may have messed up video game playing for myself now. It doesn't matter what game I play now, I can't help but diagnose how they built the level, or why things are as they are.

Actually, I haven't really played any games for fun in a year now. I play them to research for my game.

This last week, I have gotten rid of a lot of the areas I don't like. Not whole levels, but things that are unnecessary or boring. I tamed the difficulty level down in some areas, and increased it in others where needed. I am playing every level a million times until every part is perfect. In fact most of the time I am on the computer, I have Desmume open in one window, and I am editing my game in another. Mouse in one hand, USB controller in the other.

11. bradzx

bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    I look everywhere where arrow go. There is nothing I can find it. Maybe you didnt put it there.

12. luckwii

OP luckwii GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Sent you a PM.

13. bradzx

bradzx x-Darkie-x

United States
    Oh ok. I will check it now.

14. luckwii

OP luckwii GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I am working with SpaceJump right now for some last minute levels to add. Going through the graphics and improving quality. I found a way to compress the images better so I can add some things I wanted to add before but was unable. I am also adding more to the time travel feature of the game. This is where Mario can go back and forth between the original Metroid, Metroid ZM, and Metroid Fusion parts of the game. These changes are taking some time and are a lot of work, but definitely worth it. Still hoping to release soon.

15. Vampire Lied

Vampire Lied Resident sociopath

United States
    Wow! So many features!
    Sometimes paid devs don't even put this much love and care into their work.
    This is going to be amazing. Thanks for all the hard work you're doing on it.
    This will be the best nsmb hack ever!

16. SKJmin

SKJmin Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all...

Turkey
    Second best :P

@luckwii, let me know when you are finished completly and ready for testing! (when its really ready, so we can make the final run)

17. TokyoPrince

TokyoPrince Newbie
    Newcomer

Hey Luckwii,

I'm going to have time off work coming up for Christmas break (21 days). I'd like to do a complete run through of your game. Sounds like you're putting a lot more work in. I can't wait.

Princebatman

18. luckwii

OP luckwii GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Tried to contact you yesterday but had bad internet connection. I get ahold of you.

19. NorteñodelSur_27

Newcomer

Im gonna wait... :)
    It looks great ;D

20. luckwii

OP luckwii GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Been hard at work on NMB...A lot of new areas and new things added. As well as a lot of bugfixes and cleanups to get closer to release. I'll post some screenshots tommorow...Too much eyestrain today...The game is huge now.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Metroid,