New Mario Kart Arcade Game by Nintendo and Namco Bandai

Eerpow

*swoosh*
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
x.png

This is the third time we see Mario Kart hit the arcades, once again we see Nintendo and Namco Bandai co-developing an entry in the arcade branch of the series. Mario Kart Arcade: GP DX will be making it's debut in the Japan Amusement Expo and will be released in Japan later this year.​
Among many returning features this title will also include a Double Dash styled co-op mode and MK7 gliders.​

Oh why is the arcade scene dead in the west?! :(

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
yea its a shame Arcades aren't what they used to be
would love for some around these days as I'm sure they would do well

we miss out on such great games
all the NFC games where you get collectables I'm sure would be major hits

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some of the mario kart arcade titles had some good ideas, indeed they are probably the only thing that really caught my attention since double dash.

As for arcades being dead.... granted I will probably want to wander down to a seaside town for the best ones (20 kilometres or so if I take the scenic route and nothing for an afternoon out) but they are still common enough around here.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Double Dash has co-op?

Anyway, this looks nice. I've tried out the previous Mario Kart Arcade GP games, and while they didn't really feel like Mario Kart with the announcer and auto-aiming, they were a nice, unique experience and definitely worth playing.
It just seems like they should've put more work into the tracks, instead of having entire cups with the same theme and graphics ("Rainbow Cup", etc) where the levels feel like they're all the same level.

Some of the mario kart arcade titles had some good ideas, indeed they are probably the only thing that really caught my attention since double dash.

As for arcades being dead.... granted I will probably want to wander down to a seaside town for the best ones (20 kilometres or so if I take the scenic route and nothing for an afternoon out) but they are still common enough around here.
Well, there were only 2 of them... so which one are you referring to? :P

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose it'd be too much to ask for it to be a Triforce based machine, so we might be able to emulate it in Dolphin

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well, yes, one takes the wheel, and the other the items. When playing co-op you can also attack other racers to steal their items, and, if you boost together at the start, you'd perform a "Double Dash"
Oh right, that thing. That never interested me much because it seemed like the one steering got the better deal, and cooperating to hit other players can be tricky.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Japanese people are fucking loony sometimes.

Arcades are quite awesome, there aren't many where I live, at most there's one or two per town, even if most of the games in the arcades have outdated graphics, outdated engines and other stuff, they're still fun as hell. The other day I played on a new machine they put there, unlike the others it had really awesome graphics and the bike where you rode (it was a racing game), actually behaved like a real bike, it bumped, and the controls were the same as a real bike as well...

Most of the games in the arcade here are by Sega... I wonder if the Dragonball and Nintendo arcade games will ever reach here. z.z

Reactions: 2ndApex

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The previous two games are over at my arcades here down by the "seafront" and having to pay a £1 to play a race, win it and then pay another £1 to race again is a disgrace.

We do get most of the newest popular so it'll probably be down here.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh right, that thing. That never interested me much because it seemed like the one steering got the better deal, and cooperating to hit other players can be tricky.
You could switch positions in the middle of a race if both players hit Z simultaneously though. It's kinda fun, but gets boring fast. The only good thing about it was that you could play cups and win trophies/unlock stuff with 4 players (2 karts).

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I love going to trocadero in London and playing the mario kart gp arcade machine, I like that fact namco is doing the arcade series because they make great racing games like ridge racer, maybe when I go back up there again I will see this arcade machine up there, I hope so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: