Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombo Combo

That Ain't Falco
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Halo 5 is a sure thing I think. What I would love but would never happen is Windows 8 gets the ability to play the nextbox games.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Halo 5 is a sure thing I think. What I would love but would never happen is Windows 8 gets the ability to play the nextbox games.
Why does everyone expect Halo 5? With the exception of the 2-year gap between Reach and 4, there's always been at least 3 years between "major" Halo games. I hope to God they don't go the CoD route with yearly releases...

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to put what little money I've got left thta they won't announce anything regarding the always-online requirement, or basically be mum if any of the press ask about it at the conference.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
They should just call it the 3rdbox and it over with already.
...and give it the nickname "turdbox" even before the thing is shown?

So which bandwagon are we all on this time?

Nintendo is doomed?
Sony is worse than mafia?
Microsoft is evil?

Don't forget:
Indies are pretentious bastards
OUYA has no games.

I guess there'll be something like "Gabe Newell is full of himself"...but that bandwagon (or similar) will only start once steambox has made some more announcements.

;)

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's this 'Sony news making people happier and happier'? no CD support, no backwards compatibility unless you count Gaikai, no word on if gaikai costs money, touchscreen optimized garbage UI... word that they're going to be thinking over subscription levels 'like a cable company'... Every console is probably going to suck this gen. Brb building another gaming PC.

Also with the crap they pulled this gen that barely any 'john q public' knows about.. like in reality ANY ps3 can play most ps2 games... and a good number of psp games. But Sony doesn't want you to know that.
Oh, and the real reason psn went down for.. what was it, a few months? a couple years back was because their Dev psn was set up so any dev could get psn games for free.. and when we were able to exploit that with rebug, they threw a tantrum.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Why does everyone expect Halo 5? With the exception of the 2-year gap between Reach and 4, there's always been at least 3 years between "major" Halo games. I hope to God they don't go the CoD route with yearly releases...
They already confirmed Halo 5 and 6 when they announced Halo 4. It's supposed to be a trilogy or some shit.

Halo 4 was shitty anyway, and I can't imagine 5 or 6 will be any better. It's all about Destiny now...Halo is dead.

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country

Well for quite some time now there has been a yearly Halo release with all of them except for the Anniversary Edition being somewhat major games. Halo has already gone the CoD route.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
They already confirmed Halo 5 and 6 when they announced Halo 4. It's supposed to be a trilogy or some shit.

Halo 4 was shitty anyway, and I can't imagine 5 or 6 will be any better. It's all about Destiny now...Halo is dead.
Confirmed isn't the same as "coming this year." Halo 3 was certainly confirmed as coming when Halo 2 came out, but it still took a few years.
Well for quite some time now there has been a yearly Halo release with all of them except for the Anniversary Edition being somewhat major games. Halo has already gone the CoD route.
A short side-game (ODST) and a spinoff (Wars) count as "major releases" to you? Not sure where you're getting your definition. CoD gets a major release in one of its main series every year. Halo gets one every few years. There's a huge difference.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Confirmed isn't the same as "coming this year." Halo 3 was certainly confirmed as coming when Halo 2 came out, but it still took a few years.

No one said it was coming out this year. I'm pretty sure Wombo Combo meant that it'll be on the next Xbox, not the 360.

jomaper

Trophies
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
The 3DS is a cushion? Maybe in the way that dirt is softer than concrete. Don't know that landing on that "cushion" would be very comfortable...

Seriously? The 3DS has been selling a freaking bignormous quantity of hardware lately.

Why don't these corporations realize that by not giving a name when they obviously have them already they damage the system?
M-MUH S-SECRETZ

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Premade TV gaming PC's FTW.
Why the hell would you want a premade and risk not being able to upgrade or replace essential components? It's not like building an HTPC is difficult - the components are easily available these days and it's not any more complex than building a full-sized rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-