GCN New GC Loader boots only to GC system menu

cagerhager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just received my GCLoader and every time I boot after installing it, it comes up with the main GC system menu. My 32 and 128 gb SD micro with SD adapter are formatted to FAT32 (also tried exFAT), used both windows and guiformat, tried different SD adapters. Tried renaming games to boot.iso (yes the file name is boot with extension iso) and renamed swiss to boot.iso, as well as added the boot.iso file in the newest release of swiss. I tried on two different gamecubes and no dice. Any help or suggestions?

Also I'm not using a sd extender. Any help or suggestions on this is much appreciated.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just received my GCLoader and every time I boot after installing it, it comes up with the main GC system menu. My 32 and 128 gb SD micro with SD adapter are formatted to FAT32 (also tried exFAT), used both windows and guiformat, tried different SD adapters. Tried renaming games to boot.iso (yes the file name is boot with extension iso) and renamed swiss to boot.iso, as well as added the boot.iso file in the newest release of swiss. I tried on two different gamecubes and no dice. Any help or suggestions?

Also I'm not using a sd extender. Any help or suggestions on this is much appreciated.
Get real SD cards not microsd is SD card adaptors

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so microsd with sd adapter are not compatible?
When I got mine back in June I exclusively used a microSD->SD adapter and have since installed an extender.
Currently using the microSD->SD Adapter through the extender and haven’t encountered this issue.
They’re compatible but something goofy may be happening with your setup.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

cagerhager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soooooooooo, the SD micro with adapter works. I had to use easus partition program and set as primary in FAT32. Windows formatter and guiformat didn't work for me. Appreciate those that helped with the trouble shooting. Hope this helps anyone.

Last edited by cagerhager,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.