Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
oops
shame on me: i didnt completely read your question
tongue.gif

indeed Gbarms lists only the numbered releases ... in the next release I shall include the dupe's/nuked's management

JeX-

Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
oops
shame on me: i didnt completely read your question
tongue.gif

indeed Gbarms lists only the numbered releases ... in the next release I shall include the dupe's/nuked's management
Yeah, shame on you!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

next release is going to kick ass, there will be special unseen features that will make gbarms unique and awesome!

stay tuned for next release
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

-JeX-

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I'm quite new to the GBA scene so: What are dupe's?? - Nuked are not working releases (I think) so broken ones but dupes??

I'm asking the last question to all now: Does someone know a tool/program that can zip all your GBA ROMs like the old outdated GBA-Renamer for saving a lot of space and make then burnable ??

mynimal

Kyoji sux.
Trophies
Website
www.mynimalistic.net
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The Downloader of GBArms (Not the Resource Downloader, the function of GBArms) doesn't work
what's wrong with it ?
dont tell me "it doesnt work" since for me and for most users, it DOES work. Please tell me "there is a problem on my comp."
same for all bugs: most people trying GBArms say that it works all right, with no bugs...
When I select the things I want to download (As in screenshots, boxarts, etc.), a majority of the time I get an X instead of a check-mark, I think that pretty much sums it up; it doesn't work. >>

EDIT: Well, for me, anyway.
blink.gif
Anyone else up for testing?
tongue.gif

DJLO

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Question:

Ive got a few roms that are being identified as BAD CRC yet they work just fine. Some of them have had the intro's removed from them and a few patched with an IPS trainer or savefix.

Would this be the reason some of these are coming out as bad crc?

Jemene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question:

Ive got a few roms that are being identified as BAD CRC yet they work just fine. Some of them have had the intro's removed from them and a few patched with an IPS trainer or savefix.

Yes as the CRC is different nw compare to PcketHeaven release list. You Rom may be more with the OfflinList dat file. If you have a Rom that you modified in some way then odds are it will be different in GBArms. You can go into the dat and modify it manualy to the CRC of your current Rom if it is according to another type of dat file.

Given in time I am sure Costello will have different format dats to your liking or someone will make a converer program for GBArms. Like taking a Offline Dar file and being able to convert it into GBArms format. This should be very easy as they are very simular.

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Personally, I liked the old layout somewhat better than the new one; being able to see the text information and the screenshots at the same time was very comfortable.

Perhaps you could put the screenshots back to the "Information" tab, separate tabs for boxart and NFO are nice, though.

Any opinions? Well, perhaps it's just a matter of getting used to it...

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
gah, this reckons I don't have some roms even though I do!
that's possible. it wont list non-numbered-releases (in the next version, GBArms will display all the roms, even though they are not in the release list
tongue.gif
)

QUOTE said:
ve got a few roms that are being identified as BAD CRC yet they work just fine. Some of them have had the intro's removed from them and a few patched with an IPS trainer or savefix.

BAD CRC roms => it doesnt mean your rom DOESNT work !!!
laugh.gif

it just mean the rom has been modified (the CRC32 is an algorythm which generates a different number for *every* file, even when you change 1 byte of the file)
so, if you have trimmed/intro-removed the rom, it will be listed as "bad-crc" but it still works
tongue.gif

Personally, I liked the old layout somewhat better than the new one; being able to see the text information and the screenshots at the same time was very comfortable.
hm... i think i will make a 3rd display mode (remember there are already 2: "short mode" and "normal", you can switch between them by pressing Alt+BackSp)

thanks

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
oh and by the way :
I have just found a cool trigger (on IRC: !CaulGbaNoIntro) which provides all boxarts
smile.gif

I downloaded all the missing, now it's uploading.
thanks

[edit]
ALL the boxart should be up now.
btw: release #1 and #2 have no NFO ^^

shadowboss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
oh and sorry Shadowboss for not answering earlier:
- extract rom directly out of gbarms -> what do you mean by this ?
ph34r.gif
i mean you have your roms in zip folders. you search in gbarms for the roms you want to flash next.

offlinelist has a function to extract the rom right out of offlinelist by rightclicking and choosing 'extract rom to...'. this is a very nice feature imho.

i hate searching through a list for the roms i want and then i have to go to explorer and search for them again....

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No, I think he's talking about a ROM collection with each ROM zipped separately (which saves a lot of space).

Imagine you want to flash a new game to your cart and look through GBArms, see a nice looking game and decide to try it on your GBA. Currently, you have to use the Windows Explorer, go to the ROMs folder, search for the game again, unzip it and then (finally) flash it to your cart.

Simply rightclicking on a game in GBArms, selecting "Extract to..." and choose the path for the flash software would be very comfortable. I support this idea, and since you're already supporting ZIP files there should be no problem in implementing it.
smile.gif

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
ic!
smile.gif

not a bad idea, i'll probably add this for v2.3 or 3.0 (the more change there will be, the greater will be the release number)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@