New: GBArms 2.2

TonyCool

Trophies
Website
www.ndsspain.com
XP
Country
Does it can use Offline List's GBA.DAT file?

I do have all my 601 roms recognized by OL, and I'd like them to be recognized by this software... is it possible?

Garp

GBATemp's Wandering Gnome
Trophies
Website
www.garpland.com
XP
Country
United States
If Offline List recognizes it, GBArms will as well. I can promise you that from my own personal experience. I, at least, haven't experienced any exceptions to that. I BELIEVE (but can't promise) that it runs off of its own Dat that it downloads. It does work with Offline List screenshots, or you can download them through the prog. itself.

Yufi

Trophies
Website
fatel.obbhost.com
XP
Country
It's all very well having this management system, but what about if you don't have many ROMs? I just download ROMs that interest me, I don't have the whole collection and I don't plan too. It's just that is this programme worth it for me?
huh.gif

Garp

GBATemp's Wandering Gnome
Trophies
Website
www.garpland.com
XP
Country
United States
If you have 100 or more, I would say it's worth it to you. You can set it to show only those ROMs that you actually have, and with screenshots and NFO downloads, it can really make deciding what games to play worth your time. Besides, it's a tiny program, really.
smile.gif

MAtteo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.fanitalia.net
XP
Country
Italy
Opinion issues

1 - It doesn't remember windows diomension, everytime starts windowed not full screen as needed

2 - Well done for the different tabs for different things (boxart, nfo,.. etc) but there should be a main one with all the info in one to have a complete view on the rom, there is space so why don't put it

3 - Downloding images should be set also in the way that puts each image in different folder (gbafront style), i mean there might be two ways of downloading, one like now (if someone likes it) and one that puts each image in the right folder (box/snap/title) with just the number as name and not with t s or x at the end; I think this way is better and more ordinate.

4 - Clicking on the name of the rom on the top of the tabs or a button on the right side (opposite of flag) with the Play function could be useful

5 - Resource downloader scroll bar in the downloading tab should go down as new files are downloaded and not be stuck where you leave it (as in the logs of burning progs for example where it comes down as new things appens).

Lemme know what you think of this considerations Costello, even if stupid
wink.gif
pls
btw, great job
smile.gif

If i think of something else i'll post

Smirre

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Opinion issues

1 - It doesn't remember windows diomension, everytime starts windowed not full screen as needed

2 - Well done for the different tabs for different things (boxart, nfo,.. etc) but there should be a main one with all the info in one to have a complete view on the rom, there is space so why don't put it

3 - Downloding images should be set also in the way that puts each image in different folder (gbafront style), i mean there might be two ways of downloading, one like now (if someone likes it) and one that puts each image in the right folder (box/snap/title) with just the number as name and not with t s or x at the end; I think this way is better and more ordinate.
I agree on these opinions
smile.gif

But great program it is, I luv it!
cool.gif

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
that's OK, I have fixed some problems.
Now update the romdat
(File / Update list / The whole romdat , or Ctrl+F12)

I have checked the GBAFront's romdat and all the CRCs match now.

If some of your roms are not recognized, please tell me here

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
the CRC is a number which is different for every file.
A CRC is calculated from each byte of a file, so if you change even 1 little byte of your rom, the CRC will be different.
So if you have "bad-crc" roms, it means you have the rom but it has been modified by some other software.
dont worry if your roms are "bad-crc"
tongue.gif

for example if you remove the intro of a rom, or just apply a patch to it, then the rom will be "bad-crc".

TonyCool

Trophies
Website
www.ndsspain.com
XP
Country
Costello: can you add a feature about selecting several pictures folders? (offline list snapshots are divided into several folders: 1-500, 500-1000, 1000-1500, etc)

Also, can it be a feature about showing all having roms (including bad CRC) at the same time?

ACaed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'know, Costello, it would be nice to be able to play the game by simply double-clicking on the game name in the lists instead of having to right click and select 'play'...I like double-clicking...

shadowboss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
and my suggestions?

- extract rom directly out of gbarms
- sram patch rom
- trim rom
- separate folder for boxart, screenshot, titleshot
- download missing files (screenshots, nfos,....) automatically

mynimal

Kyoji sux.
Trophies
Website
www.mynimalistic.net
XP
Country
: The Downloader of GBArms (Not the Resource Downloader, the function of GBArms) doesn't work...and how can I ownload trainers for it?

"Added support for downloading Trainers & Pogoshell Themes"

El Bastardo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 short questions:

a) Could it be possible to make the pictures (box/snap/...) compatible with GBAfront?? - I mean they are named different (with x, s or t behind the number) so simply put my already loaded pics from GBAfront to this nice little program won't work).

b) Does it only recognize all releases with numbers?? - Because for example the game "Nights into Dreams ~Score Attack~.gba" has no number but GBAfront lists it?!

c) Can a feature like in the original GBA-Renamer be implemented to ZIP the ROMs and rename 8after renaming)??

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
Can you make a "switchable" compatibility with Offline List's GBA.DAT CRCs?
that was the function I was planning to implement in v2.3
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

nice someone is looking forward it
happy.gif

oh and sorry Shadowboss for not answering earlier:
- extract rom directly out of gbarms -> what do you mean by this ?
ph34r.gif

- sram patch rom -> a plugin could be made for this
- trim rom -> yep why not making a plugin too
- separate folder for boxart, screenshot, titleshot -> will be done for v2.3 or 3.0 (a lot of people have been asking)
- download missing files (screenshots, nfos,....) automatically -> let's wait for the next "Resource Downloader"

QUOTE said:
how can I download trainers for it?
Go "File / Resources / Trainers" or simply press F8.

QUOTE said:
The Downloader of GBArms (Not the Resource Downloader, the function of GBArms) doesn't work
what's wrong with it ?
dont tell me "it doesnt work" since for me and for most users, it DOES work. Please tell me "there is a problem on my comp."
same for all bugs: most people trying GBArms say that it works all right, with no bugs...

QUOTEa) Could it be possible to make the pictures (box/snap/...) compatible with GBAfront?? - I mean they are named different (with x, s or t behind the number) so simply put my already loaded pics from GBAfront to this nice little program won't work).
you can move the 3 folders from GBAFront in the "Gbarms/Pictures/" folder, and GBArms will load them.

b) Does it only recognize all releases with numbers?? - Because for example the game "Nights into Dreams ~Score Attack~.gba" has no number but GBAfront lists it?!
is this game numbered ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-