OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
gbarms.gif
GBArms 2.2 Beta

A lot of changes for this new version:

[*] New layout, much better than the previous one

[*] New rom-recognition system (recognizes more files, and much faster)

[*] Fixed most bugs from version 2.1

[*] Added support for downloading Trainers & Pogoshell Themes
Also a lot of new functions

[*] "Favorites": add your games in the favorites menu. You can assign a bitmap to each favorite.

[*] 2 display modes: a short one (the windows looks small and smart) and the normal one

[*] Tray icon mode - to send GBArms in the tray

[*] Autocheck function: to check for new roms automatically
There is actually a lot more changes. Read the whole changelog here.
See screenshots here: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

Download GBArms 2.2 Beta Rar File (~630kb) or Zip File (~635kb)
Also try the Resource Downloader, to download plenty of pictures/nfos at the same time, here.

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
QUOTE said:
...ICK! Downloading resources is SO SLOW!

true.
that should prevent our servers from being down
laugh.gif

anyway, i'm sure you can find packs of pictures on websites or with IRC triggers, as well as NFOs on www.gbasaves.com

ACaed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Costello, I am having some trouble downloading some of the later screenshots. It says they download, but when I go to see them, the don;t show up. If I go to another game, see its' screenshots, and then go back to that game, the game that originally screenshot's didn;t work now has the screen shots from the game that I viewed previously! Confusing, I know. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

ACaed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, just making sure you knew...this has been happening since GBArms first release. Any more info that you need, feel free to PM me.

shadowboss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Australia
i have a little issue:

1. in resource downloader you can define separate paths for boxart, screenshot and titleshot, but gbarms can't handle it, if you have all the pics in subfolders (ie boxart, title, screenshot).

2. it would be cool if you could add an option to extract the game to a directory you want out of the tool. so you don't have to go into explorer and search for the rom.

3. it would be cool if you could also implement a sort of romtrimmer and sram patcher (maybe as a plugin).

4. to be continued...
smile.gif

btw, great piece of software
cool.gif

accolon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@ACaed:
That's because of invalid image files. The downloader saves JPG images, but they are only about 300 bytes large. If you look into them using an editor, you'll see that they are indeed HTML files saying "404 error" - the downloader doesn't find the images on the server, but instead of ignoring them, it saves the HTML page it receives.

However, this doesn't always happen, there are files that aren't on the server and aren't saved by the downloader, while others give the 404 HTML page.

You can fix the problem by looking at the three images of the game which shows images of another game, one file (perhaps even more) should be very small. Delete it.

The image and NFO archive is quite incomplete as well (even some of the newer releases don't have any images or empty NFOs), so I started to download the images from Gbatemp by hand and using the NFO files from the ROM archives. I try to get the box covers with the downloader, though (I don't know a good source for them).

@Costello:
Better fix (and improve!) the downloader, the image problem is not a GBArms issue. Great software though, I like it very much to keep track of my GBA collection, although it doesn't like many of my ROMs (wrong CRC) which are part of a perfect GBARenamer set. Perhaps you should use another source for the ROM data, like the Pocketheaven DAT (GBARenamer uses it, as well as GBAFront).

H

hking

for me, this app never work and i never can enter to see the interface...
mad.gif
frown.gif
no comment...

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Nice new layout and intergrated downloader Costello
biggrin.gif

But I see non of the problems I had with version 2.1 fixed
wink.gif

I can't download any picture or nfo for any release after 1258 and i have the exact same problem as ACaed:

"If I go to another game, see its' screenshots, and then go back to that game, the game that originally screenshot's didn;t work now has the screen shots from the game that I viewed previously! Confusing, I know. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?"

These two problems are my only two big strifes i have with GBArms, aside from them it's great.

zloty

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
love the individual resource downloading of specific games

as in, i dont have the boxart etc of metroid fusion, so i just tell it to go get it, nice
smile.gif
good work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-