Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
- Nintendo almost have as many versions of the 3DS as Microsoft with Windows
- Looks ugly (subjective)
- Can't be hacked (using Gateway) yet

Nah I'll stick to my already (great) 4.5 3DS XL.

Plus this will probably cost the same or more as the XL. Unless this thing has a retina display with 326 ppi or higher then "better screens" isn't really that significant.

hypertek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe the 2nd analog stick will push development for games to include it, so people already with the circlepadpro might be in luck

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe the 2nd analog stick will push development for games to include it, so people already with the circlepadpro might be in luck

So basically Nintendo forces you to buy a shit peripheral or buy another system? Ain't that fucking great.

And that second analog looks so awful holy shit. Like way too small and that placement is terrible.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ad96cec965.png

Is this Icon what I think it is?

Reactions: EMegamanu

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the CPU just a slight upgrade, just like to run current games smoother (and the 3DS menu)? Or is it vastly improved, and we'll be seeing games exclusive to the new 3DS because the old one will just choke in these games?

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Is the CPU just a slight upgrade, just like to run current games smoother (and the 3DS menu)? Or is it vastly improved, and we'll be seeing games exclusive to the new 3DS because the old one will just choke in these games?

I highly doubt it even has a better CPU, let alone a much improved one

Nintendo would be shooting themselves in the foot if they made it way better, because this is not a new console and previous 3DS owners would be pissed.

W4T4R1

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Not bad, but i don't see the necessity to replace my 3DS with this "New 3DS". Maybe if mine will break, i will consider to buy this one...

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I highly doubt it even has a better CPU, let alone a much improved one

Nintendo would be shooting themselves in the foot if they made it way better, because this is not a new console and previous 3DS owners would be pissed.

Yeah... I can still dream :(
Because the 3DS is rather dated in terms of hardware, so it'd be stupid NOT to include a really fast CPU this turnaround. Like, the games can just run in a lower res/framerate for the regular 3DS, but optimal and beautiful on the new 3DS.

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well isn't this convenient. I just bought a 4.5 3DS a couple of days ago. I'm pretty sure this isn't going to be introducing anything that the current 3DS can't do. Sure, the second mini-joystick is nice, but I highly doubt Nintendo would design games that work exclusively for it and not the current 3DS's. My only real interest is the second set of shoulder buttons. Didn't the CPP have a second set too? If not, how would a normal 3DS play games that might require them?

OuahOuah

Trophies
Website
www.ouahouah.eu
XP
Country
France
Wow, they fail on Wii U so they try to go on a new 3DS.
Of course, useless for current 3DS owner (except few people)...

I still laught at 2DS, let's hope this 3DS 2 (which name ? Same ? Great logic :/) will be hackable to be interesting.

Remembers me the 2nd PSP : PS Vita. Not a great future...

HBK

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah... I can still dream :(
Because the 3DS is rather dates in terms of hardware, so it'd be stupid NOT to include a really fast CPU this turnaround. Like, the games can just run in a lower res/framerate for the regular 3DS, but optimal and beautiful on the new 3DS.

Well, I see the 3DS as what it is - a (great) handheld games console. Compared to the Vita the 3DS specs are crap, but it still has 3D, better titles and is outselling the former. There is no game that I've played that lags on the 3DS - even Bravely Default (and that already looks amazing). Unless you mean Pokemon w/ 3D on in battles, but that's just bad software optimization by Game Freak and not the hardware.

Could the specs be vastly better? Yes, but then you're not exactly looking at a ~$170 price point.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, they fail on Wii U so they try to go on a new 3DS.
Of course, useless for current 3DS owner (except few people)...

I still laught at 2DS, let's hope this 3DS 2 (which name ? Same ? Great logic :/) will be hackable to be interesting.

Remembers me the 2nd PSP : PS Vita. Not a great future...

How exactly did they fail on the WiiU? Last I checked they're currently doing amazing and will be 10x more impressive whenever Hyrule Warriors is released.

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"New 3DS"? It that the name, or is it just "new" for this announcement? New seems like it would be a lot more confusing that SP, Lite, or XL are.

I wouldn't mind the changes, and like the better battery life and second analog, but it's not like I even have a 3DS in the first place. :ph34r:

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I see the 3DS as what it is - a (great) handheld games console. Compared to the Vita the 3DS specs are crap, but it still has 3D, better titles and is outselling the former. There is no game that I've played that lags on the 3DS - even Bravely Default (and that already looks amazing).

Could the specs be vastly better? Yes, but then you're not exactly looking at a ~$170 price point.

Sure it can, because the CPU they used years ago is most likely about 1/5th of the cost today, so they have a bit of wiggle room to put in a faster processor. Not asking for a quad core 3GHz CPU, but something so I can play Triple Battles on pokemon with no lag, or even ffs Harvest Moon lags like a bitch for me.
I have many games on my 3DS that have framerate issue, and could benefit from a better CPU.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya