Hacking New DSL won't flash

pesprowl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using Acekard2 and/or R4DS to replace firmware on DSL. This, of course, requires running the appropriate installer and shorting the SL1 contacts. My recently purchased NDSL runs the installer, but the progress indicator stays at 000% while shorting SL1. I tried an older unit( purchased Nov 2009) and it works fine. I tried a friends new unit, with no luck. Are the newer units secured, or is an alternate write enable method required?

Thanks
G

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt there are any new security measures, this is weird. Also, why DO you want to flash your DS, its one of the biggest causes of bricking it.

pesprowl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I intend to send it to a friend who is institutionalized. He is allowed games, but pictochat has to go. replacement firmware with no picto is allowable.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Matthew said:
I doubt there are any new security measures, this is weird. Also, why DO you want to flash your DS, its one of the biggest causes of bricking it.
Flashing a DS is only dangerous if you don't know how to do it, and it seems you have no idea what flashing your DS can do (in a good way).

QUOTE(pesprowl @ Apr 21 2010, 08:38 PM) I intend to send it to a friend who is institutionalized. He is allowed games, but pictochat has to go. replacement firmware with no picto is allowable.
Why does Pictochat have to go? It's not like it can cause any harm...

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Overlord Nadrian said:
Why does Pictochat have to go? It's not like it can cause any harm...

If you wanted to organize a riot, an escape, a drug deal, or any number of activities in a small place, pictochat would be a useful tool.

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
well, i heard that some DSL have some kind of new coating that guard the SL1 against shorting, so you might need to cleaned up that first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiyXHGCBmrw