New DS Trainer - Metroid Prime Hunters

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
its really no big deal. if you beat someone who isnt using the trainer and your not, congrats! you have just proven how much better you are! plus, maybe about 10% of the people on wifi even have a flashcart, 80% of them know about the patch, 60% of them dissaprove, and then only 50% of them know where to find it. 90% of them know how to use it. that means only 1.26% of the people will be using it. DONT WORRY ABOUT IT lol thats my two cents.

(all percentages bullshitted by corbs132 to make people stop complaining)

nice one... but you forgot the fact that it actually doesn't work properly for at Supercard and EZ4 users.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I too feel this is getting overblown: cheating online has always happened and probably always will. Speechless' comment about the action replay is right on the money as well.

Triforce said about Phantasy Star online, I too played it (episode 1 on the DC before it ahem "flew" out of the window) a fair few times online (fair few times = monthly £60 dial up costs). I too got PKed (PK was hack that enabled someone to kill someone else instantly with no chance of a comeback) all the freaking time (I lost a bunch of nice hard earned weapons too until I learnt to store things before going online, sheads a tear for the spread needle with decent stats and the C.Bringer rifle).

Still my earlier comment on how this must have been a fair challenge to pull off still stands and yes I would have prefered some decent hacks like I saw on Halo while online (Some of the Halo map hacks were incredible) but that is going to take exceptional skill to pull off for the DS.

One final thing despite purely guess-timate stats (aren't all stats) corbs132 is right, I imagine most of you play with friend codes, if at all, and if your friends cheat like that then maybe it is time to get new ones.

So legacy I thank you for this trainer, I shall never use it online in any capacity but it is good to see trainers.

And I was not going to post until I had a look behind the scenes on this one..... Guess I will fire up my hex editor now then.

HR_Shadow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its really no big deal. if you beat someone who isnt using the trainer and your not, congrats! you have just proven how much better you are! plus, maybe about 10% of the people on wifi even have a flashcart, 80% of them know about the patch, 60% of them dissaprove, and then only 50% of them know where to find it. 90% of them know how to use it. that means only 1.26% of the people will be using it. DONT WORRY ABOUT IT lol thats my two cents.

(all percentages bullshitted by corbs132 to make people stop complaining)

Exactly.
wink.gif
wink2.gif

leetdood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, let's bring Counter-strike into this discussion as an example. Not an example of cheating, but an example of how percentages may work.

Let's say that only 1.26% of the people playing cs like the awp and use it regularly.

When one of thoses 1.26% use the awp, other people sometimes tend to get frustated and want to get that person back. What do they do?

Use the awp. This becomes a kind-of ripple effect, and it ends up with half of the players camping with the awp or an awp ban.

This may not be the best example, but it's something we can all understand and it's the best one I could think of.

id242

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, let's bring Counter-strike into this discussion as an example. Not an example of cheating, but an example of how percentages may work.

Let's say that only 1.26% of the people playing cs like the awp and use it regularly.

When one of those 1.26% use the awp, other people sometimes tend to get frustated and want to get that person back. What do they do?

but not everyone has access to a $75+ flashcart... or even knows that they exist, let alone the desire to "take a chance flashing a $130US nintendo.ds". most people who own DS' are under the age of 17 and still live at home with mom & dad.

im sorry to sound very narrow minded in this, but i jumped onto MPH earlier today and joined into several tourneys and haven't come across a single person with "cheat" turned on. heck, if someone is in a game with the cheat on, I will quit and start another game if i desire - im not really worried that the end of the world will come if my stats get all goofed-up - im in it to play the game... fair

[edit: works just fine with supercard-sd & latest flashme and softwares]

harryjon35

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
can nintendo actually detect if you're using a flashcard? i can't imagine how they can do it.

would suck if they start banning flashcards because of this trainer.

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
well i suppose it's too bad legacy didn't make a wifi trainer block ya know so it wouldn't affect wifi and only wirless and single player. wait a sec say what happens if you use download play with the trainer does it affect the other players too?

ditto_n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
can nintendo actually detect if you're using a flashcard? i can't imagine how they can do it.

If they could, don't you think they would have long ago? You're retarded if you think this trainer is going to do anything more then have them add more security measures and CRC checks in newer games. Action Replay allowed you to do this sort of stuff almost right after the game came out.

Haruspex

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I like this trainer
biggrin.gif

Honestly i using it for single player mode only to finish this f*****g game!I don't have enough patience with games now as i did when i was 16 let's say.

And about wi-fi...Soon i will get the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector and honestly i don't going to use this trainer because it's no fun that way.And besides i am not going to play MPH Online much.I suck at FPS and i don't really like these types of games.Mario Kart DS is better for me
smile.gif
Or maybe pro evo 6 when it will be released:D

I just hope they don't release any more trainers that are compatible with wi-fi... :'(

yaguang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If they could, don't you think they would have long ago? You're retarded if you think this trainer is going to do anything more then have them add more security measures and CRC checks in newer games. Action Replay allowed you to do this sort of stuff almost right after the game came out.

dry.gif

danielmakana

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IF Nintendo wanted to they could stop us from going online with our roms. However someone would figure out a way around this and Nintendo would have to do something about that. It is hard to say with Nintendo and roms. They tried extremely hard to make the Gamecube boot no backups but for the Gameboy advance they put forth almost no effort. They knew the GBA would get flashcarts because the GBC did. Nintendo seems to almost not even care about roms on their handhelds.

daRealist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's an Action Replay for NDS?
blink.gif

xflash

Local Ninja
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
well i now that i think about it this might come in hany for me since i had reached the final boss on mph but i lost the save since i wasn't paying attention to the supercard while i was gonna play mph so i accedently switched to the saver menu and deleted my save

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__