Hacking New DS - Touch Screen Protector?

cephalopoid

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got a new DS Lite, and I was wondering how easily the touch screen scratches. I'm 31, so I'm not rough with it. I was just wondering if I should get a touch screen protector, and if it helps prevent wear and tear.

Thanks!

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well as long as the person using it takes care and cleans it often then theres no need. I had 2 dslites, 1 with and without. The one that didnt only had minimal marks after a couple years of use. But i would recommend getting a good screen protector.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS's touchscreen is pretty scratch resistant, but it CAN get scratched over time. I would put a protector on it just to be safe. It's better to scratch a protector and be able to change it than to scratch the touchscreen directly and be stuck with it that way.

When you buy protectors, they come with a top screen protector also. I would consider the top one as just optional as to whether you put it on the DS or not. How many times do you really touch the top screen anyway? Possibly, you could cut it down to fit the bottom screen as a replacement for if you ever scratch up the regular bottom screen protector. (the top screen protector is larger in size)

If you do buy some protectors, buy quality ones.....the Hori brand are considered the best. Depending on where you get them, they're about $5-$10.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've gotten the (possible fake)Horis from DX for $1.45 and they're very good. I've only gotten a few light scratches after a month. And before that, my screen was scratched up even though I was careful. It's worth it to get a screen protector and not worry

themando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my DS Lite since November (Black Friday deals ftw), and I haven't used any protectors until this past week, no scratches at all. So, it's not exactly an urgent matter unless you are rough with it, but I do recommend having protectors just in case. You really wouldn't want to make a mess of the touch screen, and then regret not having protectors.
smile.gif

xrM

Trophies
XP
Country
Reaper said:
I've gotten the (possible fake)Horis from DX for $1.45 and they're very good. I've only gotten a few light scratches after a month. And before that, my screen was scratched up even though I was careful. It's worth it to get a screen protector and not worry
When did you get the $1.45 screen protectors from DX? From the comments made, the newer batches seem pretty bad.

juntok_abot

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i ordered the fake hori from DX
just received it March'09
the quality looks OK
for best lifetime, always clean screen before playing

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish I had thought ahead and bought a screen protector for mine. Elite Beat Agents, Oendon, and Feel the Magic pretty much did mine in.
biggrin.gif

You don't need it for everything, but there are some games that are really rough on the touch screen. So better be safe than sorry.

Reaper

Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xrM said:
Reaper said:
When did you get the $1.45 screen protectors from DX? From the comments made, the newer batches seem pretty bad.
In March. Maybe they mix up fake and real Hori orders
tongue.gif

But seriously, it was good quality, especially if it's 1/7th of the "legit" price.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging