Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New DS Flash Kit - EZ-Flash V

Slot 1 solution, flush fitting, micro SD

The slot 1 solutions just keep coming, don't they? Now the EZ-Flash team join the bandwagon, and unveil their slot 1 DS kit - the EZ-Flash V.

Here's a list of EZ-Flash V features the team have announced:
EZ-Flash Team said:
  • 1:1 original card size?side loading.

• Using MicroSD(Trans Flash) as external storage. cheap and variety usage.

• Direct boot, no need another boot card or flash your DS. EZ5 also can be used as bootcard.

• Moonshell integrated bootloader, direct watch DPG movie, listen MP3, read TXT book in loader.

• Bootloader can be full customized. included skin and function. bootloader sourcecode almost full opened.

• Dual read mode: CLEAN and HYBRID. CLEAN means just drag the rom to card and play. HYBRID means EZ5 supporting the modified rom for further function, include softreset and cheat. it also provides improved compatiblity, such as boost the readspeed. no lag can be feeled even you have a low speed microsd card.

• Perfect FAT system support, automatic generate saver file. multi saver function available.

• Using hardware flashchip saver. never lose your save.

• Loader upgradable

• Homebrew support, IO lib will release on launch.
  • icon11.gif
    ÂDiscuss

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
EZ-Flash Team said:
Players have been using GBA cards to play NDS games for a long time. From CF card to microSD card, it seems there are plenty of choices available. But virtually they are all based on an immature technology and they are only a compromise solution. Not only the flashing your DS to gain booting support, but also frenquent software upgrades are needed to mend the ROM for supporting new games. Those are nightmare to players who just want to fucus on games and all of these inconvenience are caused by the imperfect technology.

The nightmare is becoming history now. "Flashme, Passme, Convert" will fade away from player's life. Because a real mature
SLOT-1 solution is provide by EZTEAM. EZ-FLASH V, a product using the mature SLOT-1 technology, no need "Flashme, Passme,Convert" anymore. You can focus on playing game without worrying anything. More than that, EZ-FLASH V's multimedia function provides more choices for players.

EZ-FLASH V is the output of EZTEAM's expenrience from GBA era. EZTEAM never give up to technology difficulties in the 4 years. Highly secured quality assurance, active improvements on defects, respect to the user's opinions-all these efforts aim one goal: to satisfied the players. Only by doing this can the EZ brand survive.

hereticorp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I look forward to seeing if this is actually going to live up to the promises, if it does it looks to be the best of the slot 1 solutions so far.

Given a high level of compatability of course.

Here's hoping a review copy hits GBATemp's doorstep soon.

ahsan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Does this new flashkit support the drag and drop feature, like the one of the DS-X?
I'm thinking of getting a DS-X, but if this is just as easy to use and has external memory, i'll be getting the EZ-Flash V.

Verocity

Ö!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Awesome, Im still happy with my EZ4 Deluxe though, slot 1 keeps getting better and better though. Im just going to wait until it gets perfected, which is happening very fast. Always have loved the EZ Team. gj guys.

deathspawn999

Trophies
XP
Country
Dual read mode: CLEAN and HYBRID. CLEAN means just drag the rom to card and play. HYBRID means EZ5 supporting the modified rom for further function, include softreset and cheat. it also provides improved compatiblity, such as boost the readspeed. no lag can be feeled even you have a low speed microsd card.

FTFA.

it says yes but it yet to be seen how it plays out.

jaguares

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the success of their slot 2 solution this solution should be better than all the other slot one solution. Hopefully they finish this soon.

Kurimu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Damnit >_<
And i just got a DS-X too, i do love it, the only thing i hate is the size... if i knew this was comin' out i might've waited.
Dont get me wrong, DSX IS the best 1-slot solution right now (acekard and ninjapass suck :-/)
But man... I assume this will be able to play DS-to-DS like dsx w/o flashing, which is one of the reasons i got it.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Having been very satisfied with my EZFIV for the bast 6 months, I would say that this is the first solution I would consider upgrading to.

The IV has been very compatible and reliable, I can only hope to expect the same from this new model.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask why they call "booting from GBA-slot" and "Flashme" and stuff a "nightmare"? o.o

1st rule of marketing ... find a way to make the consumer feel like what he's got now, no matter how good it is, totally sucks.

2nd rule of marketing ... nobody talks about the 1st rule of marketing.
rofl2.gif

I'm a cheapass gamer, so I try not to let that rule #1 bother me. Fer instance, I just bought 4 Xbox games each ranked 9+ by IGN for under $50 shipped. I win! I'm still plenty happy with my slot 2 cart, but when the Slot1's have been out long enough to get the kinks worked out, I'll take a look at them. I think the best feature they offer is that they'll work in any DS including any future redesign. (Yes, I think Nintendo may release one more DS redesign)

Of what's out there RIGHT NOW, this is clearly the leader.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol