Hacking New CycloDS user... some questions.

MHx_scythe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi y'all, I'm thinking about upgrading to a cyclods from my old n-card, and was wondering a few things.

1. Is there a difference between the Black and White versions of the card? I heard the Micro SD card sticks out on the black but not the white, is this true? I have a Black DS Lite and would like the colors to match.

2. I was thinking about buying a 4GB A-Data SDHC card for my Cyclo, will it be able to read the SDHC, or will I have to settle for a regular SD card? Is A-Data a trusted brand(I want games like PoR to work nicely).

3. The most important thing for me is, will it work on OSX? I had to dig my old PC out of my attic in order for my n-card to work, and the transfer speeds were sub-par.

One last thing is 51.99 US Dollars a good price for one, if not could someone please link me to a cheaper one?

Thanks in advance
~MHx_scythe
bow.gif

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
1. They're pretty much the same. The card stick out by about a mm or less. So it's nothing big.

2. It will work with SDHC. A-Data is a pretty good rebrand of the Toshiba cards. It'll work fine with POR.

3. Yes, it will work with OSX. There are not device drivers needed for the CycloDS.

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi y'all, I'm thinking about upgrading to a cyclods from my old n-card, and was wondering a few things.

1. Is there a difference between the Black and White versions of the card? I heard the Micro SD card sticks out on the black but not the white, is this true? I have a Black DS Lite and would like the colors to match.

2. I was thinking about buying a 4GB A-Data SDHC card for my Cyclo, will it be able to read the SDHC, or will I have to settle for a regular SD card? Is A-Data a trusted brand(I want games like PoR to work nicely).

3. The most important thing for me is, will it work on OSX? I had to dig my old PC out of my attic in order for my n-card to work, and the transfer speeds were sub-par.

One last thing is 51.99 US Dollars a good price for one, if not could someone please link me to a cheaper one?

Thanks in advance
~MHx_scythe
bow.gif

1. I believe it's true. But it doesn't stick out ALOT. My dad has a black one. I've got a white one from the first versoins.

2. Yep. I'm sporting a 4GB Japan-made kingston myself. It freezes up on Portrait of Ruin, though. But I like Dawn of Sorrow better, anyways.

3. I'm not entirely sure. Whatever can read microSD cards should be fine.

And yes, 51.99 is a good price.
Actually, that's cheaper than what I paid for mine, I think!

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks in advance
~MHx_scythe
bow.gif

1. I believe it's true. But it doesn't stick out ALOT. My dad has a black one. I've got a white one from the first versoins.

2. Yep. I'm sporting a 4GB Japan-made kingston myself. It freezes up on Portrait of Ruin, though. But I like Dawn of Sorrow better, anyways.

3. I'm not entirely sure. Whatever can read microSD cards should be fine.

And yes, 51.99 is a good price.
Actually, that's cheaper than what I paid for mine, I think!

EDIT: Cripes. Curse you, MySQL errors.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr