New CycloDS user... some questions.

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by MHx_scythe, Feb 2, 2008.

Feb 2, 2008
  1. MHx_scythe
    OP

Newcomer MHx_scythe Advanced Member

United States
    Hi y'all, I'm thinking about upgrading to a cyclods from my old n-card, and was wondering a few things.

1. Is there a difference between the Black and White versions of the card? I heard the Micro SD card sticks out on the black but not the white, is this true? I have a Black DS Lite and would like the colors to match.

2. I was thinking about buying a 4GB A-Data SDHC card for my Cyclo, will it be able to read the SDHC, or will I have to settle for a regular SD card? Is A-Data a trusted brand(I want games like PoR to work nicely).

3. The most important thing for me is, will it work on OSX? I had to dig my old PC out of my attic in order for my n-card to work, and the transfer speeds were sub-par.

One last thing is 51.99 US Dollars a good price for one, if not could someone please link me to a cheaper one?

Thanks in advance
    ~MHx_scythe [​IMG]

2. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    1. They're pretty much the same. The card stick out by about a mm or less. So it's nothing big.

2. It will work with SDHC. A-Data is a pretty good rebrand of the Toshiba cards. It'll work fine with POR.

3. Yes, it will work with OSX. There are not device drivers needed for the CycloDS.

3. Grimalkin

Member Grimalkin Waaaaaaaah!

Canada
    -Double Post-

4. Trulen

Member Trulen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    1. I believe it's true. But it doesn't stick out ALOT. My dad has a black one. I've got a white one from the first versoins.

2. Yep. I'm sporting a 4GB Japan-made kingston myself. It freezes up on Portrait of Ruin, though. But I like Dawn of Sorrow better, anyways.

3. I'm not entirely sure. Whatever can read microSD cards should be fine.

And yes, 51.99 is a good price.
    Actually, that's cheaper than what I paid for mine, I think!

5. Trulen

Member Trulen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    1. I believe it's true. But it doesn't stick out ALOT. My dad has a black one. I've got a white one from the first versoins.

2. Yep. I'm sporting a 4GB Japan-made kingston myself. It freezes up on Portrait of Ruin, though. But I like Dawn of Sorrow better, anyways.

3. I'm not entirely sure. Whatever can read microSD cards should be fine.

And yes, 51.99 is a good price.
    Actually, that's cheaper than what I paid for mine, I think!

EDIT: Cripes. Curse you, MySQL errors.

6. MHx_scythe
    OP

Newcomer MHx_scythe Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks guys, I appreciate the help a lot (please don't be a double post).

7. Salamantis

Member Salamantis GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    It's not out fault if we double-post. GBAtemp has frequent MySQL errors and lag, and that's to blame.