Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i've been using my Logitech MX518 for a few years now .
it was a refurbished choice , but it was all i could afford at that time .
that $30 was completely worth it !

so my dad wants one .
heh , he told me his current mouse (some Logitech generic mouse) isn't really comfortable and regrets not buying the same mouse i did .
although i could simply just buy another MX518 and give him this one , are there any other suggestions on good, comfortable mouses to get?
budget is $50 max w/o tax, so it could be $49.99 and i could just pay off the taxes .

here is what i am considering so far:
- Logitech MX518 [$46]
- Razer DeathAdder [$50]
- CoolerMaster Sentinel [$50]
- Logitech M705 [$50]
- Logitech G500 [$66]

although the G500 is above $50, i've heard good about the G5 in the past , so that's one of the reasons i am considering the G500 as i am guessing it's an "improved" version of it . if you have any other suggestions , i am willing to take them and consider . all opinions are welcome towards these mouse choices as well . i might end up buying one for myself too , since my dad said he wouldn't mind having my old MX518 xD.

Discover

Trophies
XP
Country
I find the Microsoft official mouse is really comfortable..
If not: customization!
Put fur on it
tongue.gif

Wabsta

you fight like a dairy farmer
Trophies
Website
www.wabsta.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
MO3v2_boxshot_mockup_web.jpg

It's pretty expensive, but I'm serious though. It's the most comfortable mouse I've ever held in my hands. I got the older version of that one myself btw.

qlum

Posting when needed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sharkoon-Rush-FireGlider-Black-Edition-Mouse.jpg

sharkoon fireglider​
this is the mouse I am using I find it very comfortable personally and it's quite cheap it also does macros but only has 2 profiles.
if a mouse is comfortable all depends on the person some people like big mice and some like small ones it also depends on if you use your mouse with two or 3 fingers. this is the biggest mouse I ever used and I like it but my brother doesn't as he uses only 2 fingers and there isn't a good rest for you ring finger I use that finger for my right mouse button so I have no problem with that.
it's about 20 euro in holland I don't know the us price

Cabbage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally have a Razer DeathAdder 3500dpi and it's by far my favorite mouse. Quite comfortable and it fits my average-sized hands perfect. It's also really lightweight, so that's nice.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Microsoft X8's design is urr . . . not my type . how is it when you use it ? on the right click , do you put 1 or 2 fingers on it , and is it comfortable ?

SteelSeries MMO Mouse . that was something i was curious about . it's on clearance now for $70 at my local computer store , however , i could also get it for $50 refurbished off of SteelSeries's own site . considering this mouse not because of the macro customization , more because of the general colour lighting xD . then again , if i am not going to be using much of this "mmo" macro customization , i could always end up getting the CM Sentinel since they both have customizable lighting .

Sharkoon Fireglider . couldn't find any where that sells it in canada :\

Razer Deathadder is $50 . i was debating about it , and the design of it is well ... average . not much features on it that justifies the $50 price tag .

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
in fact , i haven't tried trackball . i've always questioned the general design of it and whether it is comfortable or not . it does look interesting , how does it work ? is it optical , or do you use the actual ball to move the cursor ?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
With the X8, I have my thumb on the two thumb buttons and a finger on each button and the wheel. My little finger rests on the other side, giving good grip for lateral movement (very useful in MMOs).

Trackballs/trap balls have a very big ball that you move in the direction you want to move the cursor in. Older designs used wheels like with every other old mouse, whilst modern designs use a highly reflective ball and optical lasers to track movement. They're unfortunately rare, but there is no better type of mouse when it comes to FPSs and flight simulators. For every other type if game, it's a matter of getting used to it.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wabsta said:

It's pretty expensive, but I'm serious though. It's the most comfortable mouse I've ever held in my hands. I got the older version of that one myself btw.

I've read that the drivers for this mouse are GARBAGE, the paint flakes off, etc... that the Razer Naga is a MUCH better choice for around the same price.

QUOTE(trumpet-205 @ Jun 15 2011, 04:47 AM) Have you ever tried trackball?

I don't like trackballs. My dad's friend has one and it feels so awkward to me.

OP, if you like Logitech, how about this:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Revolution-...e/dp/B000HCT12O

41WFDVCYB2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've been using this for a few years. Most comfortable mouse I have used thus far, but it does have some quirks (some bigger than others...)
-Most recent, left and right mouse buttons (mostly right) seem to think I am double clicking instead of single clicking
-Back thumb button has lost some of it's bounciness
-Scroll wheel rarely detects when I tilt left or right (which I rarely use though)
-Charger is shady now (takes a while to connect).

Battery life is good though, VERY responsive, EXTREMELY comfortable.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I say: Logitech MX Revolution! My hands thanks me (And damn, that sounds dirty)...
It's a bit more expensive, but well worth the money. Mine broke after heavy using (for ~3 years) where the left click started to double click because of the plastic inside the mouse wore down. I contacted Logitech, sent a few mails and a reciept, and I got a new one free of charge (even free shipping).
So now I have to mice, where one of them should be broken (but now, 2 years after that, when I tried the mouse it works like there's nothing wrong).

Anyway... Costs more, but is THE best mouse out there (In my opinion)

Edit: Lol, ninja'd, even with the double clicking issue
biggrin.gif

Sebastian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wabsta said:

This one must be really Comfortalbe!!! How much about?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
urr . . . trackballs look interesting to use . something i'd want to try , but know it'll take a while to get used to . but to me , doesn't seem very comfortable to use everyday for an hour or two .

MX Revolution - $80 @ Amazon.com . o_o
maybe it's just me , but i dislike wireless . wirefree is nice and all , but for $80 , i am probably going to step down $20 to get a G500 instead . the extra features on that mouse don't really look needed for me xD

the Steelseries WoW Mouse is $100 .

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Splych said:
urr . . . trackballs look interesting to use . something i'd want to try , but know it'll take a while to get used to . but to me , doesn't seem very comfortable to use everyday for an hour or two .

MX Revolution - $80 @ Amazon.com . o_o
maybe it's just me , but i dislike wireless . wirefree is nice and all , but for $80 , i am probably going to step down $20 to get a G500 instead . the extra features on that mouse don't really look needed for me xD

the Steelseries WoW Mouse is $100 .
For trackball, you can start with this one,

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice-pointer...ls/devices/7365

It's shape is really similar to regular mouse.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, why you hurting your sisters