Gaming New Chrono Trigger Video's !

JDandy

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
"New" video's, yaaaaaay. With completely "new" gameplay footage nobody has ever seen before, EVER.
At least now we know they did not "just" port Chrono Trigger from SNES. They also added the PSX release's movie segments. Big whoop. (not really.)

Seriously, Chrono Trigger has not aged well over the last couple of years, and little effort has been done for this NDS release.

Though I risk being mauled by rabid Chrono Trigger fanboys who are no doubt OFFENDED that I dare insult Chrono Trigger, the best RPG ever, Squeenix should've taken a little more time with this and made a remake, not a port.

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Yay, I can't wait for this! I never beat the original Chrono Trigger... I think I only had it as a emulated rom on my computer. But I'll be very happy with this remake or not.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It is not just an ol' port it is an enhanced port with at least 2 new dungeons and a few other changes with the PSX cinimatix.

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think it would have been fun to remake this to look kind of like FFIV... However, I'm sure more people like it if they stick to the original SNES format.

Either way, I can't wait for this game. I remember I got to the final boss with my best friend, but then for some reason, I never finished the game...

xanth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the concept of the new translation and less censorship. Also like the idea of new dungeons. Wonder if we'll get access to the singing mountain dungeon that was never finished and that inaccessible sun temple or whatever it was in Zeal.

Less intrigued to see the FMVs from the PSX port carried over though. The concept was neat on the Playstation, but I find the original SNES animations to be much more interesting and emotional, and the FMVs are too intrusive. For example, sticking that FMV into the scene with Frog slicing open the Magic Cave disrupts the flow of the scene and it's emotional impact. I also found the initial SNES animation (pulling the sword out of the ground, a noble speech, getting energized and slicing the WHOLE wall in half from top to bottom) much more compelling.

I don't know, they just seem extraneous to me. Glad I'll be able to turn them off this time around.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the FMV's, but according to RPGamer's impressions, you can completely turn them off, so as to play it like it was on the SNES.

As for the hidden part of Zeal, I believe you mean the small floating island with the crystal dome separate from the main island. You could enter that in future times and all that was in it was a weapon and armor. It's the small separate land on the top right of this image:

map-zeal.gif

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish they did a high detail remake for PSP, then I would play it. Lack of Frog's ye old English is also a downside, I don't care if it is "incorrect usage"

...Xbox 360/PS3 HD Remix anyone?

GCM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forget sequel, the original was so epic and long I'd play it over and over again in plus mode. Now it's coming to the DS? Hell yes. Haven't played it in a while I will definitely get this, so awesome. I loved the depth it had.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: