New Broken Sword needs a Kick Start

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Clarky, Aug 23, 2012.

Aug 23, 2012
  1. Clarky
    OP

Member Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

United States
    [​IMG]
    After spending the last few years remastering there back catalog including Broken Sword - Shadow of the Templers, Broken Sword 2 - The Smoking Mirror and Beneath a Steel Sky over a variety of formats including PC, Mac, Iphone/IPad, Android devices, Nintendo DS and Wii. Revolution Software are ready to bring out a new Broken Sword game but need the help of fans to help fund it to finish. Having already developed around half of the game by themselves Revolution are now reaching to potenial funders wanting to avoid publishers after arm twisting by THQ over the last 2 games in the main series led to some poorly inspired choices such as going to 3D and wanting to make the games slightly more action packed. Going back to there roots the game will use HD 2D art and hopes to head to a variety of formats from PC, Android, IOS and have said they could look into possible console releases​
    Not usual I would make noise about kick starters but I do love me some Broken Sword games, certain some folks on here enjoy point n click games too​

2 people like this.
  2. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    For a franchise with this many games, you'd think they would have fixed the damn sword by now.

Anyway, the Kickstarter is already more than a tenth of the way towards its goal with 29 more days to go. If it can keep up the momentum, the Kickstarter should definitely reach $400,000.

3. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    Lol, was there even a broken sword to begin with? I finished the Director's Cut on the DS, and I could not remember anything remotely close to one in-game.

Anyways, I'll pitch in, not much, but I've always had this certain respect for titles I grew up with. Some sort of nagging attachment that would not go away.

4. Clarky
    OP

United States
    there was one in the first game, and in the thrid game another famous sword popped up

5. Clarky
    OP

United States
    on an update Revolution are up to 40% of there total fund, not bad for starting yesterday

6. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Why are we seeing so many "Kickstarter" articles lately?

7. Clarky
    OP

United States
    to promote awareness?

8. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    But is that really news? Company X need funding for project Y?

9. Clarky
    OP

United States
    yes I would say it is news....Revolution basically annouce new Broken Sword game?

10. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    that reminds me... i have to give angel of death a shot right after i recover from the endless pile of crate puzzles in BS3.... seriously, everywhere i turn, there's a crate puzzle.... urgh,,

11. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Hell yeah! One of my favorite series.. Hopefully the same french voice over, donated!