Hardware New and improved GBA

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well i've always preferred the original GBA as it was comfortable to hold and robust too.
What i didn't like was the lack of a lit screen... and i never felt comfortable enough to fit an afterburner.

Well the chinese have come to the rescue, albeit 10 years too late. They've managed to clone the GBA hardware (so no emulation here peeps) and crammed it into an original shell, even including 2GB internal memory which can store about 500 roms. It even plays original GBA/GB/GBC cartridges. Neat eh?

I couldnt resist so i'll write a review once it arrives if anyone is interested.
Www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.24382

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Original GBA is my favorite handheld design
smile.gif

This looks great....Looking forward to see what you think of it, please take some pictures of it!

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I certainly will take pics, and do some comparisons to an original GBA. Not sure how long it'll take though since it's currently waiting for supplier...

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Code:
Compatible with Game Boy and Game Boy Color game cartridge

More like 'New and improved GB'!!

It seems to be missing the 'advanced'...

Although the screenshots clearly show GBA games *confused*. Oh wait. That's the normal backwards compatibility. Seems nice then.

gibberish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
yea it means it works with gb and gbc as well as gba i think. It also supports all gba accesories and has an old processor in it, which leads me to believe that it is actually a full hardware clone of the gba rather than an emulation device. Nice.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
gibberish said:
yea it means it works with gb and gbc as well as gba i think. It also supports all gba accesories and has an old processor in it, which leads me to believe that it is actually a full hardware clone of the gba rather than an emulation device. Nice.
If I get it right, it's a hardware clone with memory..And backlight...

Very cool..Especially for people who really like GBA! (like me)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Magmorph said:
I would probably get this if it didn't have a 3 hour battery life.
blink.gif

*checks*

Hey, yeah! It says "3 hours using time". Is that a typo? The GBA SP can last 12 hours on an 800 mAh battery. Maybe they meant to say 13 hours?

Can't wait for the review.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some models seems to be "in stock", so orders should start to move soon.
smile.gif

Can't wait to have mine...

(Well, I can actually wait, because I'll receive a X760+ next week).
laugh.gif

EDIT: It has shipped today! It's actually at HKP, and because they are so f*cking slow since some month, it will certainly not left HK before one week...
frown.gif

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Just found a review of a GBA SP clone over at Assemblergames: http://assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23068 - looks like those clones aren't too impressive (well, they are impressive from a technical point of view, just not from a gaming perspective). They're 15% slower than the original and the screen has a weird aspect ratio. The review is about the pirate GBA SP hardware, but I think it's safe to assume that the clone company uses similar hardware for their regular GBA clone.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, this one seems to be a much newer revision, since you can also swap the games in it.

Maybe they have corrected that slowdown issue.

EDIT: I'd also love to report this other clone, as seen on DCEmu. It seems to be a perfect clone of the GBASP, with 2GB in it, which show up as a removable drive using a USB lead. Neat.

A funny thing is that it accepts Nokia DL-6 batteries
rofl2.gif

rubsnick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried Link cables with it? or the GBA to GCN cable? I would love to play Four Sword Adventures on this thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1