Hardware New and improved GBA

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
this indeed seems like a marvel from dem chinese. And I though my under 1USD microscopic microSD reader was jaw dropping enough.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Neat stuff, though I am concerned about that battery charge. 3 hours doesn't seem very Geoflcl-friendly.

That being said, this sure would be handy-dandy!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seen this looks great...,but I'm calling the Nintendo cops on this.
tongue.gif

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
MarkDarkness said:
TCJJ said:
JereTHEend said:
this indeed seems like a marvel from dem chinese. And I though my under 1USD microscopic microSD reader was jaw dropping enough.

Damn, I want one of THOSE. Screw this GBA clone.
They overheat like fuck.

Are there really such things, though? I mean, microscopic is pretty small... But I wouldn't use it for long, so overheating wouldn't be a problem. Now, a microscopic laptop to go with it - that'd be hardcore. Although there may be an issue with actually using it in any way....

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
TCJJ said:
MarkDarkness said:
TCJJ said:
JereTHEend said:

Damn, I want one of THOSE. Screw this GBA clone.
They overheat like fuck.

Are there really such things, though? I mean, microscopic is pretty small... But I wouldn't use it for long, so overheating wouldn't be a problem. Now, a microscopic laptop to go with it - that'd be hardcore. Although there may be an issue with actually using it in any way....
Had a friend lose a SD over this. I conceed that it wasn't a top-quality SD, but still...

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Theraima said:
"New and improved GBA" That's GBA SP
smileipb2.png

Sure is. And one step higher would be the backlit GBA SP. Then the Micro. Then the DS with a GBA slot without GBA multiplayer. Then the DS Lite with it's easily broken shell. And that's it, because the DSi said NO to GBA games.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally hated the SP for its feel. I detest clicky buttons and the sharp edges and how small it felt in my hands. I'll agree the backlight and rechargeable battery were wonderful improvements, but other than those, i preferred the original GBA in every way, and this fixes those issues.

Don't have any plans on getting one of these though sadly. I would if i could though.

D

Deleted-236924

granville said:
I personally hated the SP for its feel. I detest clicky buttons and the sharp edges and how small it felt in my hands. I'll agree the backlight and rechargeable battery were wonderful improvements, but other than those, i preferred the original GBA in every way, and this fixes those issues.

Clicky buttons have an advantage.
On GBA and DS Lite, the buttons can loosen and you'll have to press hard on them to make them work (I have to do this with 3/4 of the buttons on my d-pad as well as the A button)
However, on GBASP and DS, you won't struggle trying to get the buttons to work.

I've had my GBASP for a longer time than my DS Lite, and the buttons work way better on the SP.

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pingouin7 said:
granville said:

Clicky buttons have an advantage.
On GBA and DS Lite, the buttons can loosen and you'll have to press hard on them to make them work (I have to do this with 3/4 of the buttons on my d-pad as well as the A button)
However, on GBASP and DS, you won't struggle trying to get the buttons to work.

I've had my GBASP for a longer time than my DS Lite, and the buttons work way better on the SP.

True it's the same on the Micro, I like when the buttons have a sort of spring action when depressed, with the mushy buttons on the Micro and DS Lite you have to wait for the contacts to reset to the neutral position. Some people actually prefer one type of buttons to the other so I guess it's a matter of taste and not so much one better than the other.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up