Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'm interested in one of those, SP-model
biggrin.gif

Does it play GB and GBC roms as well? Since it can play GBA, I thought it maybe could, since it supports the cartridges
smile.gif

biggrin.gif

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to see if it will play flash cards before I consider buying. I'd also be an easier sell if it were less expensive.

Kamiyama

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Damn, I need really some money! Or if anybody can say if there is any "backlight" sollution for normal GBA. Just got it for about 7 dollars, but I need a headlamp if I want to play with it. I got GBA SP as well, but I prefer first GBA most.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm trying to cheaply acquire an original purple GBA, with no luck yet, but hopefully I will have some. However, as much as this is neat, I'd prefer to install an Afterburner. I'm just the sort of guy who would do that (and then when I stuff up, be the guy to get REALLY pissed about it).

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
i already have a psp that play gba games fine, and a original gba sp aswell, but i am tempted to get this, must resist! i loved the original gba design as it was comfortable.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TCJJ said:
I'm trying to cheaply acquire an original purple GBA, with no luck yet, but hopefully I will have some. However, as much as this is neat, I'd prefer to install an Afterburner. I'm just the sort of guy who would do that (and then when I stuff up, be the guy to get REALLY pissed about it).
I'd safely say that Afterburner kits are nowadays impossible to obtain.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get a front light kit from mash mods. It's the exact same thing. Personaly I don't like the way front light kits look. I have an sp with the back light and it's so sweet. I just wish I could buy a screen upgrade for the old GBA.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
raulpica said:
TCJJ said:

Is it? I came across a website recently (can't remember what it was, but I should be able to find it without too much trouble) that had them, and I'm 99% sure they were in-stock. But I believe they were a little bit costly. Off the top of my head, they were probably anywhere from US$30-US$60.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TCJJ said:
raulpica said:
TCJJ said:

Is it? I came across a website recently (can't remember what it was, but I should be able to find it without too much trouble) that had them, and I'm 99% sure they were in-stock. But I believe they were a little bit costly. Off the top of my head, they were probably anywhere from US$30-US$60.
I searched for them not too long ago, and found none. I guess they're one of the nifty places which still sells unsold items from years ago. A lot of sites just removed them, thinking no one would buy them nowadays.

Care to share the link if you find it again? I might be interested
smile.gif

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
raulpica said:
TCJJ said:
raulpica said:
TCJJ said:

I searched for them not too long ago, and found none. I guess they're one of the nifty places which still sells unsold items from years ago. A lot of sites just removed them, thinking no one would buy them nowadays.

Care to share the link if you find it again? I might be interested
smile.gif

Sure thing. I'll have a look some other time. I think I found it searching for an EZ Flash 3-in-1, but it might had been when I was searching for retro games (because looking up NES and SNES on Trademe.co.nz doesn't cut it).

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
TCJJ said:
I'm trying to cheaply acquire an original purple GBA
I might be willing to part with mine. It's the original purple one. The screen is scratched a lot, though, and it's been through enough wear and tear that the battery cover's a little broken and needs tape to stay on. It plays GBA games great, and the sound quality hasn't degraded at all, too. If I ever decide to get rid of it, i'll contact you.

But I might not decide to get rid of it, because me and my sis still play Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and the multiplayer requires 2 GBAs, and we only have 2.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Inunah said:
TCJJ said:
I'm trying to cheaply acquire an original purple GBA
I might be willing to part with mine. It's the original purple one. The screen is scratched a lot, though, and it's been through enough wear and tear that the battery cover's a little broken and needs tape to stay on. It plays GBA games great, and the sound quality hasn't degraded at all, too. If I ever decide to get rid of it, i'll contact you.

But I might not decide to get rid of it, because me and my sis still play Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles and the multiplayer requires 2 GBAs, and we only have 2.

Fair enough. PM me if you have a change of heart. Although I definitely want a fine deal. Because I'm cheap. But I don't mind if it's scratched - that can be easily repaired.

saison

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, this seems really tight. Too bad I'm still saving up for a PS3, otherwise I'd be REALLY tempted to get it.

Although a PSP is next on my list x)

satchmoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I picked up one of these knock of GBAs and loved it.

Unfortunately I was an idiot and hit the option to re-format the internal flash.

I am now missing the "game.bin" file from the "System" folder, and it boots to a white screen. Anyone know where I can get a hold of the game.bin file ?

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
oh my god. that SP clone? if it's an SP Brighter clone, i do want much much... and it plays media files! crap crap crap, rmvb (one of the most annoying formats, next to mkv) and mp4 files too. they must have improved the hardware somehow to be able to natively support videos (or maybe they require some sort of pre-conversion or lowering of bitrates) like these. it also has those almost-trademark features of Supercard-- real-time saving and running a text viewer along with the game (like alt-tabbing between game and walkthrough).

i'll have to sweet talk my mom's credit card for this on my birthday, heh.

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone tried the GBA clone? Does it have slowdowns like that SP clone posted on the Assembler forum? I always liked the original design better, it's too bad Nintendo is such a cheapskate that didn't include backlit screen on any GBA apart from the AGS-101 and even this one they messed up the d-pad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1