New ad network - centralize discussions here

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Costello, Sep 6, 2018.

1. smileyhead

smileyhead Yes.

Aug 31, 2015
    Hungary
    Hungary
    I still do not approve of the autoplay videos, even if you can turn them off. I mean, look at this thread, we're constantly getting people asking how to turn them off. Not only that, but autoplay video ads are unprofessional and annoying.
    They need to be removed entirely.

snails1221, Quantumcat and Dodain47 like this.
  2. PiracyForTheMasses

PiracyForTheMasses GBAtemp Regular

Sep 25, 2018
    United States
    How about you do something about those pop up redirect ads that effect mobile devices. This is the ONLY website that I experience these redirects on.

Russtang likes this.
  3. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    It's being worked on. In the meantime go ahead and report them with a screenshot so it can be forwarded to the ad provider. Speaking of which, I got another redirect ad:
    https://woahluckyyou.securepath.onl...uth&lpkey=150642db2973052626&uclick=usyd1zgm#
    Screenshot_2018-11-15-08-57-21.

4. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy ~I have crippling depression~

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
  5. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    I'm keep getting redirected to spam sites.. one of the most common urls are

Code:
    .http://walmart-an32.club/lp/96d1bcba-a080-4faf-870c-53d287146d84/?aclid=1542581418689922&cid=712&pid=203&parm5=gbatemp.net&parm4=188855239&parm3=rhythmone_bidder&parm2=0&parm1=%7BCAMPAIGN%7D&fid=3195&clk=70781041&uid=3&ip=208.68.96.25&code=US&city=Port+Saint+Lucie&os=Android&brand=Generic&model=Smartphone&isp=Home+Town+Telephone%2C+LLC&language=en&country=United+States  

6. hatredg0d

hatredg0d GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2009
    United States
    Minnesota
    Even getting redirected into the play store app from this website! This needs to be adressed along with the hijacking ads! They have been going on long enough where it is pretty clear they are here on purpose. Enjoy the downfall of your site mods, even typing this simple post I was redirected from this page 5 TIMES. Completly unacceptable....
    [​IMG]

http://imgur.com/gallery/6RND3PM

Last edited by hatredg0d, Nov 19, 2018
  7. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    At the very least at this point it should be more than clear that this ad network is incompetent and just drop them and than move to someone else. They have been nothing but trouble since day 1 and have progressively getting worse.

8. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    We're very sorry and have contacted the ad network again.

It's not as bad as you say, for a good two months there were no bad ads anymore, so there has to be something they can do!

Subtle Demise likes this.
  9. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for working with all of us, and being transparent through the whole process.

Chary likes this.
  10. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    thanks, and I hope people realize the ad revenue is in part redistributed to the community under the form of competitions, donations, such as the Homebrew bounty, Tempmas, and other events :)
    so while a few have to suffer these bad ads while we try to fix them, keep in mind that there will be compensation. Tempmas is going to kick ass again this year ;)

11. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 21, 2014
    France
    Hi. Are those games videos displaying on the right also from Ads network? I guess "Autoplay" can't be disabled.

12. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    You can disable them in your Preferences

Enable the "Disable affiliate videos" option

Subtle Demise and depaul like this.
  13. slifer1231

slifer1231 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2007
    United States
    Charlotte, North Carolina
    I keep getting redirected and have unclosable ads on the bottom of my phone. I have tried 5 times to post this message and had to type it in notepad and paste on on the thread to get it there before i get redirected

This is the site I keep getting redirected to fro. The ads:

http://other-f71.club/lp/96d1bcba-a080-4faf-870c-53d287146d84/?aclid=1543551469759027&cid=712&pid=203&parm5=gbatemp.net&parm4=188855239&parm3=rhythmone_bidder&parm2=0&parm1={CAMPAIGN}&fid=3742&clk=80015219&uid=3&ip=67.197.205.202&code=US&city=Lancaster&os=Android&brand=Generic&model=Smartphone&isp=Comporium&language=en&country=United+States#T

As you can see from the attached screen shot it redirects multiple times

I cant even view the site at all for more than like 10 seconds before I get redirected anywhere at all I'm redirected to that same link over and over different mobile browser or anything I'm still redirected.

Attached Files:

Last edited by slifer1231, Nov 30, 2018 - Reason: Added more info
    Sasori likes this.
  14. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    I've been getting a few redirections again myself but not nearly as many as before

15. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Yeah I got a couple today and a few at work yesterday. Kind of embarrassing to be on break and suddenly my phone says "CONGRATULATIONS!" as loud as possible. You'd think Google would have been able to stop the hijackings after all these years, either through chrome or at the OS level.

16. Ginger OfOZ

Ginger OfOZ Member

Newcomer
    Aug 10, 2016
    United States
    Utah
    Just here to back up that the pop up mobile ads need to be stopped. I'm not touching my screen and it still happens every 15-20 seconds. It's not cool and I appreciate that it is working to be changed. Ads are fine, I understand their necessity, but not like this.

17. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    Again (if you've read this thread) could you please be as specific as possible so that we can ask our ad network to look into it and make it stop.
    It has worked before, and it will work again if you can just report all the info.
    What we need is like a screenshot and the URL of the ad page.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  18. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I may have found a temporary solution for anyone who's on Chrome on Android. While on the site, tap the three dots next to the address bar, and then the i with the circle around it, you should see this:
    Screenshot
    You want pop-ups and redirects set to Blocked.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Disregard, doesn't work: http://other-52kt.club/lp/96d1bcba-...nications&language=en&country=United+States#T
    Screenshot_2018-11-30-20-51-52.

19. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
  20. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    thanks, I have reported all that to our network.

they have replied already (even on a Saturday which is nice of them)

upload_2018-12-1_16-12-40.

Please do keep reporting anything you get.
    Eventually those SOBs running bad ads will get blacklisted and we'll be good again.

Subtle Demise and smileyhead like this.