New ad network - centralize discussions here

Discussion in 'Site Discussions & Suggestions' started by Costello, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    do you have any screenshots ? could you provide more details ?
    theres a report button under some ads if that helps

2. Sasori

Sasori GBAtemp Addict

Jan 28, 2015
    United States
    It’s these large adds that appear between posts that do it

If I scroll down farther it will fill my whole screen before I can than scroll even further and see more replies

Attached Files:

3. brickmii82

brickmii82 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    It’s becoming impossible to browse on mobile. Ads are so frequent and invasive that it is causing crashes and viewing skips. I’ll be at the top of a thread, then at the bottom suddenly with a pop up on the bottom. The scrolling ads repeat themselves over and over, even on the same page.

4FC481B8-EEF7-4756-8D5F-76224FFD0924. 9C23A606-0FED-4BDD-A3F1-14AC44CA3118. D0F2F870-1047-417D-897B-3C7A9552F626. 6E0F6896-F308-44D6-A760-70F271D5494D. EF3750ED-5992-4FFE-A39A-515924A900BF.

It’s oversaturation and it’s completely killing the forum experience on mobile.

Sasori likes this.
  4. SG854

SG854 Hell Spawn

Feb 17, 2017
    Kenya
    Kenya
    I solved my problem long ago with an adblocker. It kept logging me out and kept crashing. Not anymore. Ads help the site but until they fix their Ad problem I’m not taking ad block off. It’s the only thing that makes the site usable.

Last edited by SG854, Dec 16, 2018
    Pleng likes this.
  5. brickmii82

brickmii82 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    If you know a good adblocker for Apple, Im all ears.

I can solve it by using my VPN and placing myself in Denmark (Haven't tried anywhere else) but c'mon. That's pretty extreme for just casual web surfing.

Last edited by brickmii82, Dec 16, 2018
    H1B1Esquire likes this.
  6. GhostLatte

GhostLatte Yet Another Shitposter

Mar 26, 2015
    Antarctica
    Doesn't firefox for ios support extensions?

brickmii82 likes this.
  7. SG854

SG854 Hell Spawn

Feb 17, 2017
    Kenya
    Kenya
    I use the Safari browser and Adgaurd from the App Store.

brickmii82 likes this.
  8. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
  9. AshuraZro

AshuraZro Belongs in a museum.

Feb 21, 2004
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    Got one to report that I've recieved a couple times in the past week on mobile. Chrome on iOS. Hope it helps and I appreciate the effort on working with the ad networks.

Some folks are delusional in thinking there is a scheme here or just a lack of care in ad content. People run this site, not a company, and they've done it since the beginning. Pretty sure they care more than most considering the time put in, eh?

Attached Files:

10. Song of storms
    This message by Song of storms has been removed from public view by Costello, Dec 19, 2018, Reason: off topic / provocation.
    Dec 18, 2018
  11. Scarlet
    This message by Scarlet has been removed from public view by Costello, Dec 19, 2018, Reason: off topic / provocation.
    Dec 18, 2018
  12. Song of storms
    This message by Song of storms has been removed from public view by Costello, Dec 19, 2018, Reason: off topic / provocation.
    Dec 18, 2018
  13. Scarlet
    This message by Scarlet has been removed from public view by Costello, Dec 19, 2018, Reason: off topic / provocation.
    Dec 18, 2018
  14. Chary
    This message by Chary has been removed from public view by Costello, Dec 19, 2018, Reason: off topic / provocation.
    Dec 18, 2018
  15. Song of storms
    Dec 18, 2018
  16. Scarlet
    Dec 18, 2018
  17. Song of storms
    Dec 18, 2018
  18. Chary
    This message by Chary has been removed from public view by Costello, Dec 19, 2018, Reason: off topic / provocation.
    Dec 18, 2018
  19. brickmii82
    This message by brickmii82 has been removed from public view by Chary, Dec 18, 2018, Reason: Not an imageboard.
    Dec 18, 2018
  20. nando

nando GBAtemp Addict

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    Please stop srinking and expandings ads. Its making this site unusable on iphone. Im trying to read through a thread and the page jumps because an ad expanded, then it jumps again because of another ad or the previous ad shrunk.

This is terrible design and im gonna be forced to block ads in the future. Just have static place holders that do not change in size PLEASE!

Last edited by nando, Dec 23, 2018
  21. TerryG

TerryG GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Slackot likes this.
  22. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    Redirected twice with no warning on the main page
    Screenshot_20190104-193709.

23. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
  24. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    I get this every time I come here now. Unbearable. You can't back out and it's only here. I'm about to leave and never come back

Pleng likes this.
  25. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolf-husky™ definitely not Lilith

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Many moons away
    It's actually gotten far worse for me as well. Often times I am redirected almost immediately when I enter the site

Kafluke likes this.
  26. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Yep. Its ridiculous

27. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    I have reported all this to our ad network. They'll take care of it.

Problem is they seem to be back episodically... why do they keep coming back? it is frustrating af

Subtle Demise likes this.
  28. fledge68

fledge68 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 30, 2012
    United States
    glad to see im not the only one fed up with these ads bouncing my screen constantly as im trying to type or read.

Last edited by fledge68, Jan 12, 2019
  29. eskinner3742

eskinner3742 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    As advised, I'm posting my problem here. When visiting gbatemp on mobile (and only on mobile), I consistently get redirected to a popup that takes over my browser tab. I've included a screen shot of where it takes me, it's always the same site and happens so frequently it makes browsing on mobile a real endeavor for me. It won't let me go back and I have to close the tab, open a new tab, and go back to gbatemp. I only get it when I'm browsing forums, never on the homepage. I don't have to touch anything to trigger it, about 30 seconds after opening the page listing the posts (or in a post) it redirects me. I've tried 2 browsers (chrome and default browser) on 3 mobile devices (2 phones, 1 tablet, all Android) and the result is the same and it's been going on for a few months starting off doing it every so often to now it's nearly every time I'm on the site. After a while (usually between 3-7 times) it does stop temporarily, but it's a pain to have to close this popup and try again so many times just to view the site without interruption for a while.

I don't mind the other ads, they are necessary to keep gbatemp alive and I appreciate the site enough to whitelist it to help earn ad revenue. They aren't intrusive like this one sending me to an obvious scam and forcing me to close my tab and start over just to happen again and again. I love gbatemp, I visit the site most every day and It's a shame that 1 annoying ad is making it so difficult for me use the site on my phone.

I know I've gone on long enough, but the popup came 4 times trying to get to this forum so I could post my concern. I think the only reason I put up with it is because I've been a member here for years and love the site so it's worth it for me to put up with it so I can stay up to date on new Homebrew. If I was new to the site, after the third try I would have given up and possibly not come back and I think that's a real problem. Maybe it's just me that's getting them, but Im hoping that by voicing my problem, someone could look into this and shed a little light on the matter.

Attached Files:

Pleng and Illuminaticy like this.
  30. Costello
    OP

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    thanks, this has been reported.
    but what would be really useful is if you could copy/paste the URL of the ad here so we can forward it to the ad network.