Hacking New Acekard?

stitch123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello!

I still don't know, why the f*ck Acekard team doesn't do new flashcart? Acekard 3DS or something like that. Acekard 2i was one of the best flashcards, so why did they give up?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Acekard made a new Flashcart with one of the R4 Clone teams.
R4i SDHC Dual Core...
Source?

It also working with Akaio..
There was a one-off build of a (now-older) AKAIO version for an R4-named cart, and there's older versions of AKAIO that were cracked to run on other carts.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Wood also uses the UI, in fact Wood and AK2i can use the same theme files since they were both built from the AKRPG sources (the RPG had open-source software).

That said, I downloaded the software for both of the "silver" carts that mentioned RTS.
http://www.r4isdhc.com/download_silver/
http://www.r4isdhc.com/download_silver_new/

Neither of them have AKAIO. They don't even remotely resemble it as they use a different-named boot file, different folder structure entirely, have no loader folders, the cheat database is different, etc.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It most likely cost them more money to make a card for a now dead system compared to just waiting for the 3DS to be hacked and making a 3DS flashcard then.
They're in this market to make money and if they don't see money in investing into a card, then they won't do it.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
acekard is still around but they aren't doing anything publicly. they tried to find a working exploitable rom, but were not able to. then they hinted at releasing a new acekard with an updated design, but nothing came of it. unlike other teams that have dispersed and no longer respond to e-mails, acekard is still here. not dead, just sleeping.

-another world

Reactions: nukeboy95

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i bought my acekard almost 3 years ago (maybe more now) and to this day it works perfect just as it was out of the box. Ive gone through lots of r4's and none of them are good.

my next best bet would be a scds2 but so far Acekard was the best, I dont see why they would stop, but I guess they cant find any exploits/wouldnt make money off it.

Fear Zoa

Still Alive
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theres not too much of a market for it right now. Wait until we get a 3ds hack out in the open. I'm sure then we'll see a whole bunch of familiar faces crawling out of the woodwork.

stitch123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
acekard is still around but they aren't doing anything publicly. they tried to find a working exploitable rom, but were not able to. then they hinted at releasing a new acekard with an updated design, but nothing came of it. unlike other teams that have dispersed and no longer respond to e-mails, acekard is still here. not dead, just sleeping.

-another world

But Acekard team no longer responds to emails, too :(

But maybe The Catboy is right:
It most likely cost them more money to make a card for a now dead system compared to just waiting for the 3DS to be hacked and making a 3DS flashcard then.
I hope so...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
  • Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit:
    hello, anyone is able to create cheat patches for cemu? i have a simple request if anyone can help
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad:
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, Rest in piece. Hope she rests well, she'll always love you too. :sad: